New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 37 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    sa autobisyo ako bumili.. pansin ko mainit talaga ang 55 watts compared sa 35 watts.. kailangan siguro lagyan heatsink para madissipate yung heat.. hindi kasi mahawakan ballast, mapapaso daliri

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    slim type ba o regular size. yung slim type is mas mainit talaga pero not the type na mapapaso kamay mo.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    hindi slim type yung binebenta ni autobisyo.. mataba siya na ballast.. di ko sure if heat yung na dala ng engine bay o init talaga ng ballast... haha.. mag DIY ako sa pag gawa heatsink.. gamitin ko yung mga heatsink sa computer.. pero 1 year warranty naman binigay sakin ni sir jerome ng autobisyo eh.

yung g5 projector mo sir ginnova ok pa rin ba since ginamitan mo ng 55 watts

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I was actually amazed how it handled the heat despite using 55 watts ballast when i opened it up a few months ago. no burns or chip-outs on the chrome. although I'm using morimoto d2s bulbs which is way better than the stock bulb. but my fogs which used the stock bulbs powered by 55 ballasts did not also show any signs of damage after several months of use.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    where did you place your ballast sir with regards to the positioning in the engine bay.?? i was reading other forums on the net regarding those that have had used the 55 watt ballast and i think the the projectors can handle it, when i installed the ballast and tested it during the night, i was amazed at the difference of 55 watts.. when the cut off was pulled back on the high function its comparable to an aircraft light, it was so bright.. hahaha. im contented now... i'll be rearranging the position of the ballast and attaching heatsink... maybe i can lower the temp a little bit

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Ballasts are mounted near the back of the headlight. the heat generated is normal and should not be a concern. I used my headlights for more than 5 hours straight during my trip up north last summer and did not encounter any issues. my ballasts are now more than 6 months and no issues so far. mas mainit actually yung ballast during the day under the extreme heat of the sun compared to normal use.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    glad to hear that sir.. words of reassurance.. hehe.. enjoy siguro kayo mag biyahe sa gabi diyan sa laguna. very helpful ang magandang headlight configuration... madalas din ako laguna eh,
    UPLB- meh mga binibiling gamit pang bukid at planting materials
    liliw- nag community outreach ako dati dun
    victoria- may pinuntahang kaming farm ng isang taga uplb
    pagsanhan- friend nang dad ko na meh 40 hectar farm
    mag picture ako ng output shot para makita ng dito sa forums,, para ma "enlighten" din ang iba. haha

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    just installed heatsink on my two 55 watt ballast.. took me a couple of hours. i attached it to the back of the ballast and put thermal compound in between them.. the heatsink i was able to get was exact fit on the whole backside of the ballast... tested it tonight and it made a lot of difference...there is a noticeable drop in surface temp of the ballast,, the heatsink is now the hotter among the two.. its a nice DIY.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Yung G5 na projectors Hi-Lo capability na din ba yung bulb na kakasya sakanya?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    they do make bulbs with hi-lo beam for hid kits but with most hid projectors, the bulbs just light up and it's up to the projectors to throw the high-low. check if the projectors are bi-xenon they should have a moving shield that blocks the hi-beam for a low beam else the projectors are low beam usually.

Bolt-on bi-xenon projectors