The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *kkreuk18, thanks for the feedback.

*renzo, wala pa pambili ng retro fit eh. hehehe

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    installing projectors ( aftermarket / OEM ) inside a halogen headlight is considered a retrofit.

aftermarket : FX-R , mini H1 / D2S , G1-G5
    OEM : LS460/430 , TL , FX , E55
    Last edited by Ginnova; March 14th, 2011 at 04:51 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

yan output, kita ko lang from google ...

yan naman output ng projector retrofit. hahahahaha.
    Andito s thread na to yan pic ng gen1 bolt on projector na yan. Sa kin yan e. Wait lang kayo guys pagdating philips bulbs namin

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

yan output, kita ko lang from google ...

yan naman output ng projector retrofit. hahahahaha.
    renzo: the output on the wall is totally skewed. The passenger side is higher and not leveled with the driver side output. Not all "bolt ons" are just that, bolt ons. You need to make some adjustments to correct it. Nandun kana rin tamain mo na right?

Yung second picture mo looks familiar. Saan ko ba nakita yan?

The Philips Germany bulbs will not alter significantly the output of a setup na naka China bulbs, assuming both bulbs as functioning well. Especially pag a few months old pa lang pareho. You buy the oem philips for long term reliability as the 85122+ will not color shift and will stay 4300k all of its lifetime. FYI lang. Some peeps want the 85122 as it will color shift to around 5000k. I've been using the 85122+ for more than 2 years now and perfectly satisfied with it.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kkreuk18 View Post
    Oo. Pero alam naman nila na LHD dito sa tin. Good luck sa order mo kung sakali kasi sina sir Ginnova at Louie e sa newhelios yata umorder, mas madali kasi kausap dun compard sa xenonman, kaya lang mas mahal.
    thanks kkreuk18. anyways ipon mode muna. sayang nga kung may budget lang sasabay na ko kay sir Ginnova. I also got the price from newhelios. Mas mataas nga pero kung mas maayos naman kausap siguro ok na rin.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    *sir garyq, parang hilaw kasi un lumens nun china bulbs na kasama nung projector compared sa 85122+. nakapaginstall ka na ba nung osram CBI? Parang ang ganda nun.

Quote Originally Posted by kkreuk18 View Post
    *sir garyq, parang hilaw kasi un lumens nun china bulbs na kasama nung projector compared sa 85122+. nakapaginstall ka na ba nung osram CBI? Parang ang ganda nun.
    yup thats possible kaya mura I always state, sa retrofit, most of the time hindi yung mura ang better value for money.

Osram CBI:in my opinion not worth the extra usd100++. maganda talaga coz 5000k but the same lumens output ng 85122+ pero ang mahal!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *Ginnova,
    Question. You mentioned that you added a spacer to get the bluish cut off. May I ask where you made that addition?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Stock projectors should have a blue color above the cut-off, even the halogen projectors. So if want more color or a sharper cut-off , you need to space either the bulb, shield, the lens or all of the above. you need to experiment.changing the bulb sometimes changes the color. it will depend on the projector. what kind of projector do you have.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok, thanks for your inputs sir. I have a gen 1 bolt-on. Just got intrigued by how strong the blue line is at the cutoff ;)

Bolt-on bi-xenon projectors