New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    i have a 1994 modeled bmw 540i..

ang prblem ko ay ito. dba seperate ung low at tska beaM? eh kng i-on ku ung low, mag oon xa then mawala na naman then mag oon naman. kaya na force akung mag beam kahit nag rereklamo na ung mga tao..

is there anyway i can solve the problem?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Do you get a message from the OBC whenever the low-beam/s go out?

It could be a loose connection. Check the bulb sockets, the wires, and the fuse connectors (F10 for the left, F11 for the right).

It could also be the LKM (Light Control Module). The LKM is inside the relay box in the engine compartment. If you have a US E34, there should be 3 relays inside (lo-beams, hi-beams and front fogs). If it's a Euro E34, there should be a 4th relay for the rear fogs. Have a competent electrician re-solder every relay on the circuit board ... have the lo-beam relay checked, too, if the contact points are still OK.

HTH

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Check this, this can help you.

--------------------
    Gps navigation

[SIZE=-1] " You get to choose between a better life or a bitter life."[/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    bro. try what?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Maybe he tried to post a link and wasn't able to. He only has 9 posts and the system won't allow it ... he needs 10 posts or more. The next try should do the job.

BTW, have you tried resoldering the points inside the LKM? Quite a number of E34 owners have complained about hairline cracks on the circuit board.

bmw light problem