New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Blue LEDs on consumer electronics is the least of our problems. Consider the morons who use high-intensity blue light on cars as headlights or taillights.

I have a couple of TP-Link wireless APs that have all-blue LEDs. Yes, they're bright. Hence, one is in an uninhabited 2nd floor room while the other is behind my LCD monitor. Pretty good nightlight though.
    Last edited by oj88; December 13th, 2009 at 10:50 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have this problem with a new PC that I bought and located in my bedroom. The power light is lit by a really bright blue LED.

My solution was to insert a sheet of paper between the LED and the clear plastic lens to dim down the brightness.

I tried using a permanent marker but it wasn't enough.

I had the same problem with the blue LED power light in a new LCD monitor as well. In this case, the marker solution worked.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I've read somewhere that blue light especially from blue leds could keep you awake and alert.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    I've read somewhere that blue light especially from blue leds could keep you awake and alert.
    In my case, blue LEDs keep me irritated until I covered it up.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    +1. the blue lights on my gauges and on my dashboard keeps me really awake when driving at night.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Yes it keeps you awake in driving at night but not knowing giving stress to the eyes.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Yes it keeps you awake in driving at night but not knowing giving stress to the eyes.
    Hmmm, road rage?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    for me pinaka ok sa instruments panel sa kotse green kasi ang green po nakakarelax po ng mata yan. kung mahilig kayo mag basa ng libro or anuman ginagawa niyo eh nakaka stress sa mata titig lang kayo sa anything green wag lang neon green hehe masakit din sa mata eh. wag lang din kayo mamboboso hahaha kasi hindi lang mata niyo maglalabo magugulpi pa kayo pag nahuli hahahhaha

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    matagal ko nga napansin na blue leds looks blurry on my eyes, while other leds hindi. I thought my eyes are weird...

Blue LEDs: A health hazard?