New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    *doc otep
    what would you recommend? newbie po ako sa cars. should i change the headlight bulbs? to what? how? sorry wala po talaga ako alam dito hehe

if auxilliary lights/fog lights naman po, what would you suggest?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cheapest way to upgrade lighting would be through a wiring harness upgrade (Php500.00 ang complete wiring kit sa BLADE, plug and play AFAIK) and use high wattage bulbs.

Hirap ka na ba makakita sa dilim? Kamusta ang vision mo?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    what if my purpose is for me to see better without having to tinker with the stock headlights?
    Add auxiliary lamps.

Auxiliary lamps allow you to see far, so they are most often used off road or when there are not a lot of people. Fog lamps are used so you can see the immediate front and maybe front-side of the road ahead of you. A good wide band, like Doc Otep said, is best for this. Most of them have H3 bulbs. A standard color bulb is best for all around use, some say a selective amber light is good too (back in the 80's uso ito).

Go to www.danielsternlighting.com and read about the fog lamps section. The reason yellow light is best is because it is the opposite of the blue light spectrum, which causes glare. Ever wonder why HIDs, superwhites, hyperwhites, blue lights, etc cause glare? Blue/violet light has short wavelength, hence it's hard to see compared to red/yellow which have longer wavelengths.

To the author of the thread, whatever car you have, buy the fog light accessory for it from the dealer/banawe and have regular H3's installed. Most important: aim your lights properly. Itapat mo sa pader yung car, turn on the lights (headlights/fogs) and make sure it has an even/flat band of light for the fogs, and the headlights do not point up (a longitudinal wall perpendicular to the wall facing your car is good so you can see if the light is level, pointing up, or pointing down). Just to give an idea of how the fog lights should illuminate the road, look at the attached pic. Also below is a pic of my car with the fogs on. Masmadali makita sa road yung mga naka amber/yellow fogs. Actually red is the most seen in fog, but you wouldn't want a red light in front of the vehicle. So the best is orange, but that's already used in turn signals and other front light markers, so yellow is next in the light spectrum.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Yellow auxillary lamps din for me. It may not really improve the way you see (vs. the standard bulb) but it improves your visibility to other motorists (they can see you better).
    I think that's true during foggy times... Yellow shines out better through thick fogs than white... Pero kung walang fog, white > yellow IMHO

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep, I meant during fog and inclement weather.

The contrast of yellow is easier to see than white. Besides, it is illegal to have forward facing red lamps.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedmorehp View Post
    anung brand ng bulbs? h7 diba mga maliliit na bulbs or yun yung mga bago na xenon-filled bulbs?
    I got it from Autolumination.com, I think mga $2.XX or less ginastos ko for one bulb... regular halogen lang sila... and yeah, maliit siya, pero hndi kasing liit ng H1 bulbs

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    mbeige, those look nice

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Blink, yours looks nice too!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
best color for foglight/auxilliary light bulb