New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    guys,

post your opinions regarding the best HID brand available in the market in terms of:

1. reliability/durability
    2. price
    3. warranty
    4. performance

may threads na regarding sa HID but they only discussed the advantages/disadvantages of installing it. this thread will help us create a database of available HIDs available in our local market and help future buyers of HID (like me) for the selection of the right HIDs. thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Can't comment on other brands of HID, I have just tried CATZ and Philips.

So far I like CATZ better... because...
    1. Already installed for 3+ years still going strong nabasag na yung housing (due to accident) but still working medyo umaalog lang nga.
    2. $650 bayad ko before for Hi-lo version of 4800K
    3. May warranty sa states
    4. Mas maliwanag sya compared to Philips... again baka pwede din dahil di pa completely burned in ang philips.. bago pa kasi less than a year old.

My 2 cents of opinion lang po

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Knowing the BEST HID brands would be USELESS and very DANGEROUS without the proper retrofit.

Halogen headlamps and HID headlamps require very different optics to produce a safe and effective—not to mention legal—beam pattern.

Majority of HID users are using the plug and play type which blinds on-coming drivers. Headlight alignment only reduces glare.

The only safe and legitimate HID retrofit is one that replaces the entire headlamp—that is lens, reflector, bulb...the WHOLE shemozzle—with optics designed for HID usage (i.e. projector lamps).

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Dmax View Post
    may threads na regarding sa HID but they only discussed the advantages/disadvantages of installing it. this thread will help us create a database of available HIDs available in our local market and help future buyers of HID (like me) for the selection of the right HIDs. thanks
    Let us stick to the purpose of the threadstarter to why he made this thread. The sentence before that has been briefly discussed already in stickies in the forum threads and even on normal threads. Let us give the benefit of the doubt to the threadstarter that he had read the HID thread and several other threads telling countless times what should you actually have before you install HID and when is it okay to use HID etc etc..

For an info, there are HID kits for sale on KotseAudioClub and HCP, some of which are unknown brands. I am interested to know if these kits, sold at cheaper prices compared to the known kits (around 7000-11000 ata itong mga unknown kits na to), gives the same amount of light in terms of road clarity with the competition as claimed by the seller?

Di lang actually sa KAC or HCP eh, meron din sa Banawe and Evangelista. Warranty ay normally at 1 year. So, oks ba ang mga unknown kits na to or hindi?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    Let us stick to the purpose of the threadstarter to why he made this thread. The sentence before that has been briefly discussed already in stickies in the forum threads and even on normal threads. Let us give the benefit of the doubt to the threadstarter that he had read the HID thread and several other threads telling countless times what should you actually have before you install HID and when is it okay to use HID etc etc..

For an info, there are HID kits for sale on KotseAudioClub and HCP, some of which are unknown brands. I am interested to know if these kits, sold at cheaper prices compared to the known kits (around 7000-11000 ata itong mga unknown kits na to), gives the same amount of light in terms of road clarity with the competition as claimed by the seller?

Di lang actually sa KAC or HCP eh, meron din sa Banawe and Evangelista. Warranty ay normally at 1 year. So, oks ba ang mga unknown kits na to or hindi?
    thanks..

so HID users, post your comments and infos..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    OT...ano po ang mas maganda plug and play HID or ung with relay?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    vtx is good. 8500 for single beam. 2 year warranty and malakas talaga yung ilaw.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Most china made HIDs are similar to each other. Its either you get a very good unit or bad one. kaya if you are to buy one make sure ok yung warranty and reputable yung dealer. Yung iba kasi nag offer ng warranty pero pag may sira sobrang tagal naman nila replace yung unit

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I think Xenon HIDs are good...I use them for my car and it's really excellent in terms of performance and quality...But that's just my opinion,there are more brands that are better as to what i said....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, i heard some HID sets, while they don't burn out naman, they loose brightness as you use them...parang "it looses its luster as it ages"

Battle of the HIDs (what brand is the best?)