New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *ikaw_ngaba: Nope I'm not I'm just contributing to the thread by giving some options to the TS. You can always start little naman if you want to invest, it's never too late and although may edge yung mas malaki ang extra money...in the end it's your mindset that's important, Do you really want to or not?

Bottomline: If you want to grow your money...then take it out of the banks

Here's the latest Fact sheet from Sunlife by the way:
    http://cdn.sunlife.com/static/philip...ary%202015.pdf

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If you're after capital gains alone, VULs lose out to UITFs. The only advantage is the insurance coverage.

Info on performance of different funds are available on the internet. Sun Life VUL grew 17.7% in 2014, while BDO grew 20.83% IIRC.

Also, VULs have higher admin fees and you usually can't withdraw them right away, so they're really bad for the short term (<5 years).

Best way to gain is still through directly investing in stocks, especially in the current bull market.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If you're after capital gains alone, VULs lose out to UITFs. The only advantage is the insurance coverage. --- Please give example...

Info on performance of different funds are available on the internet. Sun Life VUL grew 17.7% in 2014, while BDO grew 20.83% IIRC. ---- How much are being passed on to the depositors??? That's the question.... how much interest are banks giving right now for so called Time deposits? My 100K before yielded 3-5K/annually whereas my 100K vul already got me 10K/4 months!

Also, VULs have higher admin fees and you usually can't withdraw them right away, so they're really bad for the short term (<5 years). ---- Not true at all, I just withdrew 100K interest last week...If you're going to withdrew the whole amount/policy then you'll be charge for sure but that's normal.

Best way to gain is still through directly investing in stocks, especially in the current bull market.
    ---- This I agree too but since i don't much about investing in stocks directly that's the reason why I'm letting somebody do it for me. I'm not good with it.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    UITF trust fees are just 1.5%.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *jut: OT na tayo sir pero, kung ganoon kaganda ang UITFs na sinasabi mo, then can you tell us how much na kinita mo sa mga UITFs mo now? (I assume that you have UITFs already) Ako kasi I'm citing my personal experience..... I'm just telling na base sa experience at research ko, mas malaki kinikita ng investment ko ngayon sa VULs ng Sunlife kesa sa mga VULs/UITFs, etc offer ng mga banks.
    I'm not against banks or trying to sell anybody VULs ng Sunlife but I'm just giving options kay TS based on my personal, actual experience and nothing else.
    Para di OT ---- It's wise to invest your cash on hand TS to recoup/offset the interest that you incur in your car loan. Where to put it? Sinagot na nila and my input....not in banks but in VULs ng Sunlife of Canada. Why? Because mas malaki kinita ko sa VUL ng Canada vs. Bank in 4 months! Is this 100% good? Definitely NO, I'm just stating the trend from Nov 2014 to March 2015.
    Cheers!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*jut: OT na tayo sir pero, kung ganoon kaganda ang UITFs na sinasabi mo, then can you tell us how much na kinita mo sa mga UITFs mo now? (I assume that you have UITFs already) Ako kasi I'm citing my personal experience..... I'm just telling na base sa experience at research ko, mas malaki kinikita ng investment ko ngayon sa VULs ng Sunlife kesa sa mga VULs/UITFs, etc offer ng mga banks.
    I'm not against banks or trying to sell anybody VULs ng Sunlife but I'm just giving options kay TS based on my personal, actual experience and nothing else.
    Para di OT ---- It's wise to invest your cash on hand TS to recoup/offset the interest that you incur in your car loan. Where to put it? Sinagot na nila and my input....not in banks but in VULs ng Sunlife of Canada. Why? Because mas malaki kinita ko sa VUL ng Canada vs. Bank in 4 months! Is this 100% good? Definitely NO, I'm just stating the trend from Nov 2014 to March 2015.
    Cheers!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I don't think you quite understand the volatility of the market. It just so happened that when you placed in your money, the market was down and picked up over the course of 4 months. It could have very well been the opposite, wherein a market correction could've occurred over the same 4 months, and you could've lost an equally large amount.

But if you wanna compare, my index fund (just follows PSEi) has gained 10% in less than 3 months since the PSEi has gone from 7,000 to 7,800 since December.

I've had better gains with stocks, some growing 30% in the span of a few months. Or if you wanna cite the curious case of Double Dragon, which doubled it's IPO value in just a few days.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *jut: Oo nga sir, di ba sinabi ko na wala ako alam dyan At na-swertihan ko lang din yung paglagay ko ng money sa VUL ko....Binigay ko lang naman yung share ko sa thread, di ko naman sinabi uy bili na kayo ng VUL ng Sunlife ah.
    Anyway, if you're that good in your craft, maybe you can share it para naman malaman namin paano yang stock market, para happy din si TS dba?
    Pasensya na wala akong alam sa PSEi at Double Dragon na sinasabi mo eh...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*jut: Oo nga sir, di ba sinabi ko na wala ako alam dyan At na-swertihan ko lang din yung paglagay ko ng money sa VUL ko....Binigay ko lang naman yung share ko sa thread, di ko naman sinabi uy bili na kayo ng VUL ng Sunlife ah.
    Anyway, if you're that good in your craft, maybe you can share it para naman malaman namin paano yang stock market, para happy din si TS dba?
    Pasensya na wala akong alam sa PSEi at Double Dragon na sinasabi mo eh...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Hi po. Newbie lang po here...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234