New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TPL covers for Property Damage and Bodily Injury.
    You can have this as a policy.

It is different from CTPL.

To give you an example of different vehicle policies.

1. CTPL

2. CTPL plus TPL

3. TPL

4. ALL IN/Comprehensive

5. TOTAL LOSS ONLY

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Question. Singit lang po. If TPL is included in the comprehensive policy that you got, does that mean that you don't need to get a separate TPL when its time to renew the registration of the car?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NickE View Post
    Question. Singit lang po. If TPL is included in the comprehensive policy that you got, does that mean that you don't need to get a separate TPL when its time to renew the registration of the car?
    You will need a CTPL to register your car.
    Please do not confuse CTPL from TPL because they are not even on the
    same section of the motorcar policy.

Section 1 of the standard motorcar policy is your CTPL.

Section 4 a) and b) of the standard motorcar policy is your TPL.

They are different and even located on different sections of the policy.
    The technicalities are different, the effect is different though they seem similar.

TPL cover is similar to that of CTPL. However, this will only respond once CTPL limit of P100,000.00 has been exhausted and this is no longer subject to Schedule of Indemnities. Amount of cover may range from 100,000 to 500,000 depending on the type of motor vehicle being insured and its corresponding premium is based on the regulated premiums of Insurance Commission.

In addition to that TPL will protect assured against damages to properties of third party which he might incur in the use or operation of his insured motor vehicle. Amount of cover may range from 100,000 to 500,000 depending on the motor vehicle being insured and its corresponding premium is based on the regulated premiums of Insurance Commission.
    Last edited by mark_t; May 24th, 2010 at 01:59 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    hi guys...need help din...naguguluhan kasi ako...it's just now that i read my insurance policy..it states there: type of cover - comprehensive without ctpl. now, since ctpl is, well, compulsory, bakit wala ako nun?? my car is brandnew - actually, won it from a raffle. what happened before was like this: the toyota agent wanted me to get their insurance for a whooping 40k, syempre, i know naman na hindi ganun kalaki aabutin (i have another car din), so, i had him talk with my lawyer..in the end, pumayag namang outside ako kumuha ng insurance though naghingi sya ng favor na kung pwede, kahit yung tpl na lang kunin ko (1800 ata yun)...and now, how would i know na may TPL/CTPL nga yung car ko?? and one more thing, my name in the OR/CR is misspelled. the agent said he would give me an update, pero until now, wala pa din..pano ko mapapacorrect yun?? thanks!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sheilababes View Post
    hi guys...need help din...naguguluhan kasi ako...it's just now that i read my insurance policy..it states there: type of cover - comprehensive without ctpl. now, since ctpl is, well, compulsory, bakit wala ako nun?? my car is brandnew - actually, won it from a raffle. what happened before was like this: the toyota agent wanted me to get their insurance for a whooping 40k, syempre, i know naman na hindi ganun kalaki aabutin (i have another car din), so, i had him talk with my lawyer..in the end, pumayag namang outside ako kumuha ng insurance though naghingi sya ng favor na kung pwede, kahit yung tpl na lang kunin ko (1800 ata yun)...and now, how would i know na may TPL/CTPL nga yung car ko?? and one more thing, my name in the OR/CR is misspelled. the agent said he would give me an update, pero until now, wala pa din..pano ko mapapacorrect yun?? thanks!!
    1. Wala kang kopya ng ctpl kasi nawala. It happens. So you call the dealer what insurance co. they used for the ctpl and request for a reprint of the policy. It is not a problem really.

2. To correct the details on your OR/CR you have 2 options.
    a) do it yourself by going to the LTO for the necessary process.
    b) pay a car registration assistance provider to do it for you.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Sorry for bumping to this thread.

Guys I need help re TPL claim ASAP. Below are details:
    • Monday, 12 July 2010, 2 am, the car hit a "suicidal" drunk person
    • Current victim status: Under medication at Phil Orthopedic in Banawe. We shoulder medical expenses (as expected)
    • Hit car is bought 2nd hand, open deed, still registered under original owner
    • Called the seller, he will give us contact details and address of original owner
    • Is TPL under private comprehensive insurance (car has none)? Or is it under LTO?

Question: When/where and how do we get a TPL claim? Would greatly appreciate prompt response and details. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    You should get your CTPL together with the comprehensive, as much as possible. Didnt they give you the policy when you had it insured with them? And daming mga pekeng CTPL out there.

The negative effect is this if you get separate CTPL and compre, especially if it's hard to claim from that company: If you hit a person, resulting in death or injury, it will be claimable first with your CTPL policy before it will use your Voluntary TPL body injury portion from the comprehensive policy. The VTPL portion will not respond UNTIL the cover from the CTPL is used up.

Lets say that an accident resulted in injury worth 20k. Your compre policy will not respond. You have to claim from your CTPL policy. Thats when sometimes misunderstanding creeps in. Bakit ayaw ako bayaran ng company e naka compre naman ako?

Thats the technicality.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post

• Current victim status: Under medication at Phil Orthopedic in Banawe. We shoulder medical expenses (as expected)
    • Called the seller, he will give us contact details and address of original owner
    • Is TPL under private comprehensive insurance (car has none)? Or is it under LTO?

Question: When/where and how do we get a TPL claim? Would greatly appreciate prompt response and details. Thanks.
    Prepare your OR/CR, Drivers License, CTPL policy/ OR, police report
    and deed of sale.
    The sooner the better. Habang nasa ospital pa.
    Scan it send it thru email to me.
    Don't forget to send your direct line.

Try to avoid paying out of your own pocket. Let your insurer handle it.
    Last edited by mark_t; July 15th, 2010 at 11:52 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post

The LTO does not issue insurance cover.

What you have is CTPL.

TPL is an endorsement you can have on your CTPL.

Please read from page 1 of this thread.
    Last edited by mark_t; July 15th, 2010 at 11:50 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Meron po akong quotation galing sa isang dealer regarding insurance..ito po ang nakalagay..1 yr Comprehensive Insurance with Acts of God and 3 yr CPTL amounting to P23600...Ngayon meron naman akong quotation galing sa isang dealer at dito po ako nalito..ang nakalagay po ay ito..
    PRIVATe WITH ACTS OF GOD 34K
    SOMETHING..PRIVATE WITHOUT ACTS OF GOD 29K SOMETHING...COMMERCIAL WITH ACTS OF GOD 27K
    SOMETHING AND COMMERCIAL WITHOUT ACTS OF GOD 22K

Ano po ang pagkakaiba ng quote nung isa sa pangalawa...

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast