New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Just curious what are these insurance companies going to do with these, Flooded vehicles, They still will have some good salvageable parts.

Do they just send them to auction for the salvage yards to by, I'm sure some still have engines that can be saved not to mention transmission good enough for a owners jeep transplant.

Hopefully they don't get cleaned up and resold to the general public, there's no carfax in the RP to really check on that.

I personally would by a flooded one for a project vehicle.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Just curious what are these insurance companies going to do with these, Flooded vehicles, They still will have some good salvageable parts.

Do they just send them to auction for the salvage yards to by, I'm sure some still have engines that can be saved not to mention transmission good enough for a owners jeep transplant.

Hopefully they don't get cleaned up and resold to the general public, there's no carfax in the RP to really check on that.

I personally would by a flooded one for a project vehicle.
    For sure, people are lined up around the block to buy these vehicles at bargain prices in auction.

There's no trend here of declaring flooded vehicles as "salvage" items. 99% of them will be refurbished and resold in the following months.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll expect around a good number of these to be back on the road within a year's time; either used by the current owner or resold.

Were are all these flood damage vehicles headed