New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I recently had our Toyota Avanza serviced a few weeks ago at Toyota Quezon Ave. (body works and repainting on a few panels). Everything went smoothly as I hoped until I got the vehicle home and we noticed a large dent on a panel that was not included in the job order. I initially thought that I must have been mistaken and that this was an old dent, but a few days later I reviewed the documentation I received from Toyota and noted that the particular dent was not indicated in the Inspection Report when I turned it over to them prior to servicing. I also noticed that they did not prepare an inspection report upon my pullout, which Hyundai Quezon Ave. automatically does when you pick-up your vehicle after servicing.

I am 100% sure that the dent was there before I pulled it out from them because I went straight home, and then we noticed the said dent upon arriving home. However, I am unable to prove it because I did not immediately report/complain about it to them until after a few days.

After several talks with my Service Advisor Laurence Sapla & his Manager John Arciaga (Service Manager), he said the most that they could offer was to repair/repaint the said panel at cost (P2,800.00) as their investigation on the matter showed that the said damage could not have occurred at their premises. He also acknowledged that they really do not prepare an inspection report when a vehicle is pulled-out/released to the customer, but would consider my suggestion to include it in their procedures in the future.

So, ingat lang mga ka-tsikot... request for a thorough inspection report of your vehicle after having it serviced (before pullout) and compare it with the inspection report when you turned it over to them.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    dapat kahit saang service center, check your car before leaving.

as for the dent, pabayaan mo na, pa PDR mo nalang, price should be around 300-500 pesos lang naman yan kung isang dent lang.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    dapat kahit saang service center, check your car before leaving.

as for the dent, pabayaan mo na, pa PDR mo nalang, price should be around 300-500 pesos lang naman yan kung isang dent lang.
    Sir, ano yung PDR? Pasensya na, I'm not familiar with the term...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    paintless dent removal sir..

yes, SOP dapat i check lahat bago ilabas sa casa.. kung na check mo yun.. di sila makakatanggi kasi wala naman sa check list yun nung ni check in mo yung oto..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post

Paintless Dent Repair... medyo malaki yung dent sir and malalim (about 5 to 6 inches long). Duon siya sa rear door ng Avanza near the bottom left corner. Can you please PM me where I can find this service at reasonable prices? Sa amin kasi sobrang mahal... aabutin daw ng P1,800.00.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PDR = paintless dent removal

as long as walang gasgas sa paint, kaya i-PDR.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post

yes, SOP dapat i check lahat bago ilabas sa casa.. kung na check mo yun.. di sila makakatanggi kasi wala naman sa check list yun nung ni check in mo yung oto..
    Yes, sir, amenado naman ako sa error ko... compounded by the fact that I did not report it immediately. In fact, I did not notice it when I made a quick inspection of my car while there, possibly because I was concentrating on the panels that were repaired and also because the lighting in the area is not so good. Besides, I had assumed that they did a Vehicle Inspection Report (Checklist) because Hyundai Quezon Avenue routinely does that upon your pullout. It was only when my wife came home and her car's headlights shone on the area (rear portion of the Avanza) did we actually notice it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    doon sa frankline examiner st. expert sila mag PDR.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013