New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by altis2011 View Post
    yes, the airbag did not deploy. they said the chassis has to be aligned, the door on the passenger's side can no longer be opened. the AC's no longer working. it emits just hot air. i think the tube for the freon was affected. i'm not really sure tho. this is my first car. hahaha..
    I think even the radiator got busted. The aircon coils are located beside it so they must have raptured.

No wonder they wanted to align the chassis.

Cases like these are considered "write offs" in the USA. Then the insurance will sell the car off through auction. And the said vehicle will receive a "salvage title" indicating its predicament, even if somebody manages to restore it back to original form. Unlike here in the PH, even total wrecks restored to brand new, nobody wouldn't know or can't easily differentiate.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    from my experience. its either the engine block is busted or the repair costs i think 70% of the total insured amount. And of course if malakas ka sa insurance company. Mine was not replaced even if the chassis was replaced and the whole engine was removed and put together again. had to wait 6 months for parts.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vin81 View Post
    from my experience. its either the engine block is busted or the repair costs i think 70% of the total insured amount. And of course if malakas ka sa insurance company. Mine was not replaced even if the chassis was replaced and the whole engine was removed and put together again. had to wait 6 months for parts.
    *vin81 if it's gonna be that long, would they provide me a temporary car like in US? that should be part of what i have paid for. also, the accident was not my fault. that could be proven through the police report.

also, the engine is intact. apparently, there are tubes that's connected but after the collision was disconnected/detached from the engine. it may not seem to be affected because it's big. however, the smaller components under the hood (i was not able to get a picture) was slightly moved but some parts were are obviously detached/ripped off/broken.

in my opinion, almost 400k worth of repair plus the cost of engine (if affected) should be considered as a replacement.

would the length or ownership of the car be considered?

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by altis2011 View Post
    *vin81 if it's gonna be that long, would they provide me a temporary car like in US? that should be part of what i have paid for. also, the accident was not my fault. that could be proven through the police report.
    [SIZE=2]I honestly didn’t ask anymore (casa or insurance company). I don’t think we have that here. But you can still try. [/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    insurance doesnt provide temporary car dito sa atin..

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    if ever, do you have any idea on how long does it for insurance company to process a claim (for repair) and also for car replacement (if incase they found out that the engine's broken already)? Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12