New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    You can not have a repair estimate at "A" then take the money and have it repaired at "B", most specifically if you're gonna earn money.

Insurance people are not dumb.

IF it is declared total loss, it will be a loss for YOU and the insurance, even a loss of income for the bank.

I know, I had 2 total losses last year.

The best you can do is to be tough on your stand to have it repaired vs total loss.
    Wow 2 total losses? Hopefully hindi ikaw driver on both cases

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    You can not have a repair estimate at "A" then take the money and have it repaired at "B", most specifically if you're gonna earn money.

IF it is declared total loss, it will be a loss for YOU and the insurance, even a loss of income for the bank.

The best you can do is to be tough on your stand to have it repaired vs total loss.
    What you say is true if declared as total loss.

In this case, the fortuner looks like a total loss as it does not look like just cosmetic damage and there could be damage to frame plus airbags most likely deployed.

If it were merely broken glass and panel repair, then you might have a chance of filing a repair claim budget from inaurance but you will shoulder anything beyond that amount they will give.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Wow 2 total losses? Hopefully hindi ikaw driver on both cases

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for saying this, it was by my drivers. I operate a fleet of GrabCars

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017

I'm not in any way implying that I want to earn from the insurance. What I am referring is, if there is even a possibility of saving the vehicle for your own sake since you won't get anything. At least, you still have the car with the chance to repair it and scrimp on the cosmetics.

So if the maximum amount the insurance can cover is 300,000 and the estimated total cost by casa exceeds the insured value, then you haggle for that amount.

You now buy second hand parts like bumper​, headlights, radiator, side mirror, etc., then let the car be repaired out of casa. Of course, you shoulder any amount that exceeds beyond what the insurance gave you.

I am asking for this possibility since I don't have any experience regarding this matter.

Then again, you have spoken with your two cars. I am now assuming that what I am asking is next to impossible or not practical at all.

Please pardon my ignorant query.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I'm not in any way implying that I want to earn from the insurance. What I am referring is, if there is even a possibility of saving the vehicle for your own sake since you won't get anything. At least, you still have the car with the chance to repair it and scrimp on the cosmetics.

So if the maximum amount the insurance can cover is 300,000 and the estimated total cost by casa exceeds the insured value, then you haggle for that amount.

You now buy second hand parts like bumper​, headlights, radiator, side mirror, etc., then let the car be repaired out of casa. Of course, you shoulder any amount that exceeds beyond what the insurance gave you.

I am asking for this possibility since I don't have any experience regarding this matter.

Then again, you have spoken with your two cars. I am now assuming that what I am asking is next to impossible or not practical at all.

Pardon as well, my thoughts did not reach you right. I wish you luck in having it repaired than declared total loss, to minimize your monetary loss. Brace your self for losses, the auto financing schemes is just built that way.

The insurance company will recover its loss with a total loss scenario by selling your car's parts out.

I think you have 2 negotiation options :
    1) Have the repair out side CASA, in the insurance company's accredited shop. This may minimize the cost, at an amount within 70% of policy covered value
    2) Take the total loss pay-out, hopefully this will cover your bank balance.

Either way, you will loss some money but lessen your loss.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by emman13 View Post
    This I think, is the best answer you can have in your scenario:

I wish you luck in having it repaired than declared total loss, to minimize your monetary loss. Brace your self for losses, the auto financing schemes is just built that way.

The insurance company will recover its loss with a total loss scenario by selling your car's parts out.

I think you have 2 negotiation options :
    1) Have the repair out side CASA, in the insurance company's accredited shop. This may minimize the cost, at an amount within 70% of policy covered value
    2) Take the total loss pay-out, hopefully this will cover your bank balance.

Either way, you will loss some money but lessen your loss.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post

Yes, this is possible as long as no frame damage, i think it would be safe to operate your car after repairs.

You will need to have your insurance approve of it, so hopefully your agent can help you.

Had to go through this when our truck driver had a frontal collision. No frame damage, but since it was an old truck, the policy basically would mean total loss for the truck.

We talked to insurance that we wanted to repair, they basically approved release of some funds. Everything else, we shouldered out of pocket.

Repairs were out of casa and parts not covered by insurance we bought surplus or 2nd hand thru the repair shop approved by insurance.

Good luck with the approval.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Densyo1990 View Post
    Need ko po sana ng advice, ako po ang nagbabayad ng monthly amortization for car loan. Ang nangyari po kasi ay hindi sa akin nakapangalan ang van, at na hiram siya ng tao na nagpakilalang pulis pero fake pala po ids niya. And 22 days na po ngayon ay di pa niya naibalik ang van and di na siya ma contact sa fb or sa text or tawag po.

Itutuloy ka pa din ang pagbabayad sa bank sabi ng bangko po. Ginagamit kasi namin yon pang outreach ang sasakyan... Ano po maganda kong gawin?
    MODERATOR'S WARNING: One post is enough.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12