New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: AOG insurance coverage, do you have it?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES !

51 60.71%
  • No, and I have no plans in including it in my insurance coverage

5 5.95%
  • No, but I have plans in including it in my insurance coverage

19 22.62%
  • My car has no insurance

9 10.71%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hi guys, just to share: my Kia Carens was also flooded during Ondoy. It was towed to Kia last October 2 and it was only yesterday that Kia received an LOA from my insurer, Standard Insurance. What I'm worried about is, Kia had issued a repair/replacement estimate of almost P600,000 but Standard only issued an LOA in the amount of roughly P360,000. Sabi nila, the remainder is subject to re-assessment / re-evaluation if it can still be repaired. Kia told me that anything in their estimate that is not replaced will no longer be covered by their warranty...

I'm still pressuring Standard to approve an LOA in the same amount as the Kia estimate but then again, it's also possible that Kia is ballooning the repair estimate because they know that it's covered by insurance and is just using it as a way to weasel their way out of their warranty obligations... What do you guys think? Any input would be appreciated....

By the way, this is mqavila (from before). I had to create a new account because I could no longer log on with my previous account...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila2 View Post
    Hi guys, just to share: my Kia Carens was also flooded during Ondoy. It was towed to Kia last October 2 and it was only yesterday that Kia received an LOA from my insurer, Standard Insurance. What I'm worried about is, Kia had issued a repair/replacement estimate of almost P600,000 but Standard only issued an LOA in the amount of roughly P360,000. Sabi nila, the remainder is subject to re-assessment / re-evaluation if it can still be repaired. Kia told me that anything in their estimate that is not replaced will no longer be covered by their warranty...

I'm still pressuring Standard to approve an LOA in the same amount as the Kia estimate but then again, it's also possible that Kia is ballooning the repair estimate because they know that it's covered by insurance and is just using it as a way to weasel their way out of their warranty obligations... What do you guys think? Any input would be appreciated....

By the way, this is mqavila (from before). I had to create a new account because I could no longer log on with my previous account...
    I think you should demand these repairs to enjoy the warranty.
    That is the reason why you got the insurance cover in the first place.
    To specifically cover unforeseen loses within limits.

600000 is within the limits of your cover.

And even paid for it in advance dba?

Do not compromise your safety and peace of mind. Kasi isasakay mo family
    mo doon sa carens nyo eh.

It is your family who will be compromised.

Think about it.
    Last edited by mark_t; December 2nd, 2009 at 05:32 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Acts of GOD, sounds funny.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Insuring one's home and hearth is unquestionably an absolute must; the benefits that any home insurance coverage plan brings along, far outweigh the costs that you will incur in obtaining that plan. The benefits stem from the fact that undesirable happenstances are totally unforeseen and can take place anytime, most unexpectedly - there could be a fire, theft or your house could even be warped by a natural disaster such as floods or an earthquake.

bodyshop insurance

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
POLL: Acts of God insurance coverage, do you have it?