New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Hi mga ka tsikot need help po transferring the ownership under my name

I just bought a Toyota Vios 1.5G AT 2004 ( 2nd hand )
    Bought it from first owner , I already have the orig OR/CR registered until this year ( no encumbered cx says she bought it in cash)

Question is :

Whats the requirements to transfer it under my name? I know how to renew the registration but transferring ownership , i have no idea .

I have Orig OR/ CR
    I have the Deed of Sale (Notarized )
    I have a Copy of 2 valid ID w/ 3 signatures ( seller & buyer )

Seller live here in Las Pinas , I live in BF Homes Paranaque but she mention she bough the car in Makati . Do i need to to process the transfer of ownership in makati? please need your help

Thank you guys!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Photo copy all the docs you mentioned then go to TMG kahelera lang ito metrowalk Pasig ( search in waze if the place not familiar)
    pay 300 petot sa landbank plus TPL nearly 1K
    submit all your xerox copy docs to TMG officer but bring along your original docs if case the officer wants to validate.
    then wait for their further instructions. Oh & BTW pls also bring your mask. mala deserto dun sa lugar lalo na pag malakas ang hangin.. Good luck

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    Photo copy all the docs you mentioned then go to TMG kahelera lang ito metrowalk Pasig ( search in waze if the place not familiar)
    submit all your xerox copy docs to TMG officer but bring along your original docs if case the officer wants to validate.
    then wait for their further instructions. Oh & BTW pls also bring your mask. mala deserto dun sa lugar lalo na pag malakas ang hangin.. Good luck
    TMG, is this where you get the (PC clearance as other say) entrance is somewhere at the back of Pasig City Hall? TIA

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    why pay TPL.. only if you're renewing registration.. pero kung transfer lang.. the old TPL should be valid..

meron ding TMG sa Crame mas maayos don.. pag nakuha mo na result.. go to the LTO car was originally registered.. submit all papers.. pay for change of ownership.. this could take half day depending on the LTO branch..

Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    why pay TPL.. only if you're renewing registration.. pero kung transfer lang.. the old TPL should be valid..

meron ding TMG sa Crame mas maayos don.. pag nakuha mo na result.. go to the LTO car was originally registered.. submit all papers.. pay for change of ownership.. this could take half day depending on the LTO branch..
    Sorry Sir newbie , what is TMG? and ano po ang kukunin ko dun or ipapasa?

And san mas malapit na TMG? do i need to bring the car there as well? and please pabigay ng accurate directions to go there thank you so much!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I checked sa OR where the car was orig registered ( tama ba sa Field Office mo titignan right? )

its in "Manila East District Office" and i checked sa google sa sampaloc manila pa to? ang layo ahahaha

Question :

Pwede naba ako dito magpa renew or kumuha ng TPL dito sa paranaque?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    yes, you can renew your registration anywhere in the philippines. and you don't have to present deed of sale, just to renew the registration. (but bring them, justin case.). but you might have to go to the original LTO branch to have ownership transfered to your name.
    and yes, the insurance companies do offer change of insurance owner, for a minimal fee, of course.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 9th, 2014 at 11:48 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Thanks again guys sa help

i just went to Pasig TMG-PNP

Grabe tagaan talaga don at hindi ka iaassist kung hindi ka mag lalagay ,

Spent Almost 8K to renew the cars registration and also to transfer under my name .

( well for me no choice ako kasi wala talaga ako alam how to process it saka ang layo nung orig registered lto ng car sa Caloocan pa)

binigay ko lahat ng originals from deed of sale pati OR/CR ( yung deed of sale pina notaryo pa ulit kasi di daw pwede yung sakin na notarized dahil type writer ginamit at hindi daw masyadong malinaw parang photo copy )

binigyan pako ng drop down umabot hanggang 10k putsa napamura ako eh na haggle ko hanggang 8k pero alam ko malaki parin yung 8k para dun pero its ok atleast di nako pupunta pa ng caloocan para i transfer at irehistro mag OOT nalang ako sa work

9. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    ^Whoa! Grabe sa taga yan.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Agree bro enjoy na enjoy siguro sila , But dont have a choice kesa mag pakahirap ako mag kukuha ng mga requirements eh bayaran nalang tutal thats how our system works naman dito sa pilipinas eh , yung mga kasabay ko nga almost 5k , transfer of ownership lang walang rehistro . halos lahat ata ng mag papa clearance dun di pwedeng walang lagay haha

Need Assistance/Help transferring the ownership of the car under my name