New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Balikpinoy View Post
    Bakit papayag ang Alterra na sa insurance nila ang gagamitin? If the Alterra owner files a claim against her insurance policy, her insurance premium will go up the next year.
    Dunno if that is really true but if it is, I can always transfer to another company. But as per my experience with my suki, one time I had my bumper changed then the following year, my windshield. On both occasions, my premium still went down upon renewal. They just base the premium on the value of the car for the prevailing year.

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Bakit papayag ang Alterra na sa insurance nila ang gagamitin? If the Alterra owner files a claim against her insurance policy, her insurance premium will go up the next year.
    Nasa pag uusap na nila TS at alterra owner, within reasonable terms and conditions.

Kung tataas next year un premium ni alterra owner, then kumuha sya sa ibang insurance company. Ganun ka simple lang yan. Bakit ka papaloko dun sa insurance company na yun? Not unless si alterra owner kinuha nyang insurance ay for 10 years. So far, alam ko na kumukuha ng insurance ay for a year lang.

Saka yearly nagdedepreciate ang value ng car natin and insurance company based their premium sa value ng car for that year alone.
    Last edited by kutangbato; April 28th, 2013 at 02:47 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jayteecie View Post
    Dunno if that is really true but if it is, I can always transfer to another company. But as per my experience with my suki, one time I had my bumper changed then the following year, my windshield. On both occasions, my premium still went down upon renewal. They just base the premium on the value of the car for the prevailing year.

I filed a claim against Malayan insurance amounting to about 660k in damages. My premium went up by about 10k the next year. I opted to get a new policy with BPI Mafre instead to the dismay of my RCBC Bank manager. This was was in 2010.

My point is the person who is not at fault should not be asked to avail of their own policy in effect. There are consequences to filing a claim as well as admitting fault.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    True that's why it's called settlement. In your case, that's an awfully large amount that's why your premium was increased. In this particular case, it's just a measly fraction of your claim. Kaya nga pakiusapan lang eh kung papayag. We are here just trying to help the TS and suggesting.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    Pag yellow or orange kasi drive faster daw.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    OT :

haha yan din lage sinasabe ng anak ko sa akin tuwing ihahated ko sa shcool gusto habulin ko yung yellow light mukang mgiging kakasera paglaki wag naman sana

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Pag yellow or orange kasi drive faster daw.

Sad to say. Yan ang turo ng A1.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Kaya laking pasalamat ko sa mga bagong stop lights ngayon yung with timers na. At least kahit malayo ka pa alam mo na kung aabot based sa time remaining saka sa volume ng traffic ahead.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Agree Sir.

I filed a claim against Malayan insurance amounting to about 660k in damages. My premium went up by about 10k the next year. I opted to get a new policy with BPI Mafre instead to the dismay of my RCBC Bank manager. This was was in 2010.

My point is the person who is not at fault should not be asked to avail of their own policy in effect. There are consequences to filing a claim as well as admitting fault.
    Tama yan Boss, insurance claim have several tools to determine the amount of your Premium - in this case they did not base your premium on the value of your car but your RISK. heheheheh. We'll sometime(s) even if you transferred from one insurance to another you are already flagged as high risk driver. heheheh peace. AFAIK lang po ito based on some explanation with some of the insurers i have talked to in the past,.

True that's why it's called settlement. In your case, that's an awfully large amount that's why your premium was increased. In this particular case, it's just a measly fraction of your claim. Kaya nga pakiusapan lang eh kung papayag. We are here just trying to help the TS and suggesting.

Agree. if i recall it correctly anyway works they can both use the insurance Alterra. Pakiusapan na lang nila yung Police na gawan ng report na fair na hard to determine the culprit kasi traffci and etc. kaya nila yan. so walang may kasalanan sa dalawa. or both silang may kasalanan - which is unacceptable sa isang party with right of way.

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Kaya laking pasalamat ko sa mga bagong stop lights ngayon yung with timers na. At least kahit malayo ka pa alam mo na kung aabot based sa time remaining saka sa volume ng traffic ahead.
    TAMA!!! sana lahat ganyan na. share ko alng din di ko din alam bakit ganon na pag nag change lane ka yung nasa kabilang lane bumibilis ng husto. lagi ko naeexperience sa SLEX/Skyway and daang hari. i usually overtake at the overtaking lane of course and go back to the middle lane. after i overtake i ensure that the distance of the other vehicle is far from me by at least 2 to 3 cars, but when i signal to go back to that lane harurut!!! - sorry OT>

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Question, what is your insurance coverage? If it's only TPL, I guess it's better if you just settle with her. Ask her nicely if they have a Comprehensive coverage, and if they say yes, ask her if you both can use her insurance and you'll just be the one to take care of their counterpart. If it's comprehensive kasi, Her TPPD will already take care of your damages depending on the amount she availed. As for her damages, well usually there really is a Participation fee. In which case, better offer that you take care of it na lang. Pwede naman yan maayos sa mahinahong usapan kasi. Sana nga lang, comprehensive nga yung kanya.

TPL lang sir. Hindi ko na pina compre kasi old na din naman ung mazda. Mag 8 yrs old na. Pero dahil sa nangyari, gusto ni misis kumuha na ng compre. Magkano ba usually participation nung sa alterra?

Quote Originally Posted by kutangbato View Post
    Judge ikaw ba yan?

TS talk with the alterra driver and for sure reasonable person yun, unlike her two lady passengers.

Try mo itanong kung naka Compre insurance si lady alterra, try mo kung payag sya ipagamit un insurance nya by you paying the participation pero dapat sa police report si lady alterra ang may sala. Para maipapagawa ng insurance nya un alterra nya at mazda3 nyo. HTH

Tulad ng nangyare sa naka bangga sakin a few years back, minor at naka inom pa, un magulang pati natin lolo nun minor tiklop tuhod magpa umanhin dahil walang pambayad. Sabe ko na lang bayaran na lang insurance participation ko para maipagawa un kotse ko sa casa. If i remember it correctly, parang 5k lang ata participation ng compre insurance ko.
    Naka compre ung alterra sir. Willing kami na mag settle at ilang beses ko kinausap ung lady driver ng mahinahon kaya lang sa korte nalang daw kami magkita. Malakas kasi connection ng pamilya nila. Hope magbago isip pag nag meet ulit bukas pag wala na ung mga asungot na kasama.

How many seconds pa b sa stoplight when your wife decided to stick the mazda's n0se into the alterra's lane? My opinion even kasya o malaki pa agwat nung alterra sa nasa unahan nya it's also dangerous to shift lanes pg ganyang trapik. Maneuver yan ng mga bus at puj drivers eh. Forcing your way in. Not because sila nakabangga sila na may kasalanan.

OT: magagamit b yung insurance mo to settle 3rd party's damages kung lalabas sa police report eh hindi ikaw ang at fault?

Sabi ni wifey magkatapat daw sila nung alterra while moving pa trapik. Nung nag stop na, hindi na nagmove forward ung alterra kahit malaki ung space nila nung harap nya. Kaya nag forward si misis tapos nag merge sa lane ng alterra. Atleast 30 seconds mga traffic lights dun before magpalit ng color. So i think atleast 20 seconds nang pasok ung hood ng mazda sa lane ni alterra before nag go ung trapik. Parang imposibleng hindi mo makita ung sa left side mo sa ganun katagal kung nasa manibela ang atensyon mo. Lalo na at blinking ung signal lights sa likod at sa fender. Saka mataas pa ung alterra.

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Obviously, the other party haven't experienced what litigation is like here in our country. Otherwise, she wouldn't have uttered those words. Participation fee depends on the policy I'd say around 5-7K if it is just their bumper. I'm sure the Police investigator realizes how hassle it is if you go down the route of litigation so maybe you can ask him to help you settle the case and convince the other party. I also wouldn't get comprehensive at this age of the car. What I'd get though is TPL+TPPD for 50K coverage.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast