New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    ok sir mark_t i'll try to do what you said maybe it will do good at least in my part...tenxs sir

i'll make an update on this once its finished...kahit medyo magtagal pa...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by armscor40 View Post
    ok sir mark_t i'll try to do what you said maybe it will do good at least in my part...tenxs sir

i'll make an update on this once its finished...kahit medyo magtagal pa...
    There is a Accident Statement Form, write everything there and include all the parts quotation that you
    canvassed.

A Checklist will also be provided for you to comply with and with the looks of it
    you probably just need to repeat your accident statement form.

Tell the whole story to the claims department and cc it to their website.

You never know, maybe your claim is actually missing or not in the system for mysterious reasons.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    1. Make sure you have insurable interest. Vehicle is in your name.
    2. Buy your CTPL from a Coded Agent/Broker.
    3. Keep the Collision Policy in force. (comprehensive)

4. Have your vehicle inspected to prevent misunderstandings.
    5. Never have any unauthorized repairs.
    6. Have a servicing agent for your policy. Kasama sa bayad yon.
    (kahit kailan, hindi ka nakakatipid pag wala nito)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vefyjeph View Post
    I had an accident last December. Nabangga sa likod then tumalsik sa pader. So damage is harap and likod. Initially, ang estimate ng casa is 600k. Which is around 72% nung insured amount. So ang approach ng insurance is irerepair na lang kasi working and alive pa makina. Radiator and aircon lang nasira.

Then last week, supposed to be released na yung LOA. When I called casa wala pa daw. And nagbigay sila ng additional repair sa insurance. Ayun, umabot na ang cost of repair to 75% ng insured amount. So I asked the insurance kung pwede na total loss. I mentioned na nasa insurance code of the phil ito... So last Friday, sabi ng agent ng insurance ko, total loss na nga daw. Kaso I would have to wait kasi processing pa yung papers. And probably magraraise pa ng fund.

Insured amount was 835k which is 65k less of the SRP of the car... Then bank load so may interest. I will loose around 150k for 1 year of usage. Sabi ng friend ko isipin ko na lang na nagrent ako ng car for 1 year. Hehehe. Well hopefully, mabayaran agad ako ng insurance. Tuloy kasi hulog ko sa bank pero wala naman car.

Ilang months kaya processing for total loss?
    I alsmost had the same problem with you sir. wala ka ng gamit ng sasakyan pero continuous ang bayad sa bangko. sabi ng insurance is babayaran n lng kami (not sure kung magkano) in process pa kasi. pinapatawag ulit kami tomorrow for updates. Hopefully may maganda silang balita. its been almost 2 months na.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    There is a Accident Statement Form, write everything there and include all the parts quotation that you
    canvassed.

A Checklist will also be provided for you to comply with and with the looks of it
    you probably just need to repeat your accident statement form.

Tell the whole story to the claims department and cc it to their website.

You never know, maybe your claim is actually missing or not in the system for mysterious reasons.
    hay, after numerous inquiries and canvassing i finally decided to have my front bumper fixed thru service shop that caters fiberglass repairs and installation, body kits and painting w/ an excellent result...brand new look as in walang trace of damage that cost whooping 2k petot only...while the cost of repainting the deep scratches gave me a decent quote of 4k but here in our province its only 2k so how come that casa came up w/ staggering 59k damage repair cost and that insu. co. would charge me 26k+...speaking of RIP-OFF...now i'm looking for a considerate but trustworthy insu. co. that can serve my needs in times like this...

how about you sir , do you have suggestion or recommendation on the company i'm interested? thanks nga pala for the advices nakatulong po yun sa akin decision making, sa uulitin hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by armscor40 View Post
    hay, after numerous inquiries and canvassing i finally decided to have my front bumper fixed thru service shop that caters fiberglass repairs and installation, body kits and painting w/ an excellent result...brand new look as in walang trace of damage that cost whooping 2k petot only...while the cost of repainting the deep scratches gave me a decent quote of 4k but here in our province its only 2k so how come that casa came up w/ staggering 59k damage repair cost and that insu. co. would charge me 26k+...speaking of RIP-OFF...now i'm looking for a considerate but trustworthy insu. co. that can serve my needs in times like this...

how about you sir , do you have suggestion or recommendation on the company i'm interested? thanks nga pala for the advices nakatulong po yun sa akin decision making, sa uulitin hehe
    1. Now let us use Math to better appreciate your experience, aside from the fact na hindi ka puede
    paikutin pa sa cost of repairs.

Where

x is the approved repair estimate
    y is the depreciation
    z is the decent repair estmate that you got

formula x+y+z= total cost of repair

59000 - 26000 - 4000 = 29000php is the total cost of repair.

2. So had you choosen to get cash settlement instead.

where 29000 is the settlement
    and 2000 tha actual cost of repair

29000 - 2000 = 27000 sukli ,

aba may bago ka na uli armscor, baka 9mm nga lang.
    Last edited by mark_t; May 28th, 2012 at 03:35 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Mas mahal daw ang insurance ng sedan vs SUV sabi ng insurance agent ng Dagupan? (wonder why)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
MV Insurance, to make it more beneficial