New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I agree with having a legal document signed by both parties. All details should be in, including the negative results and dates of the tests, and the compensation you paid. It will give you peace of mind knowing you've done your part regarding the ordeal.

Since the other party still complains of pain, suggestion ko is to give him the benefit of the doubt. After all, aware ka naman na ikaw ang at fault sa aksidente. Isang round pa ng tests but this should also be documented at fair lang naman siguro na ikaw pipili ng medical facilities para alam mong competent at truthful yung results.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Thanks sa lahat ng input sirs! San po ba makakakuha ng quit claim? Minsan mahirap din magpakita ng kabaitan naaabuso.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Ask a lawyer or friend.

If not, there are a lot of samples online. Here's a template that I found. Just make the proper adjustment. Print 3 copies on a legal sized paper and have it notarized (1 copy for you, 1 for the driver and 1 for the notary)

WAIVER Release and Quitclaim Vehicular Accident
    DEED OF RELEASE, WAIVER AND QUITCLAIM

We, the spouses _____________ and _____________, both of legal ages, Filipinos, and residents of _____________, Philippines, hereby DECLARE AND MANIFEST:

That for and in consideration of the amount of _____________ (P_____________) in cash, in hand received by us to our full and complete satisfaction, and the payment and settlement by _____________ of the hospital and medical bills and expenses incurred by the _____________ for injuries sustained, I, WE hereby absolutely release, completely clear, and forever discharge the said _____________ and his driver _____________ from any action, cause of action, sum of money, liability, damages, claims and demands whatsoever, which in law or in equity I/we have, or which I/we, our heirs, insurer, successors and assigns hereafter may have upon or by reason of the injuries sustained by me/us, and the damage sustained by our _____________ motor vehicle with Plate No. ______________ arising from the accident which happened on _____________ at _____________ involving our said _____________ registered in the name of the undersigned _____________ and the _____________ motor vehilce with Plate No. _____________ owned by the said _____________ with the intention to completely and absolutely waive all our right of action, causes of action, claims and demands, of whatever nature, arising from, or in connection with the aforementioned accident.

I/We further warrant that I/we will institute no further action against the said _____________ and/or his driver _____________ arising from, by reason of, or in connection with, the aforementioned vehicular accident. I/We also manifest that the said payment / settlement made by the said _____________ shall not be taken by us, our heirs, our insurer or assigns, as a confession and/or admission of liability on the part of the said _____________ or by his driver _____________ in connection with the aforementioned accident.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, we have hereunto set our hands this _____________ at _____________, Philippines.

AFFIANT AFFIANT
    http://tsikot.com/forums/car-insuran...%20Quitclaim%2...
    Last edited by _Cathy_; September 24th, 2014 at 12:58 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    naka bangga din ako ng bata 9 years old biglang tumawid pero sa bandang driver side siya nanggaling kaya diko napansin bale sa gilid ng fender ko sa harap tumama ung bata .putok din ung ulo.sinugod ko sa ospital.binayaran lahat x-ray sit scan.binili ko lahat ng gamot.at sinagot lahat ng gastos after that nakipag usap sa akin ung magulang ng bata isang sekyu.sabi niya bayaran nalang ko lang daw ung 3 araw na sahod niya bilang sekyu para maalagaan niya ung bata.tinanong ko kung magkano.sabi niya 400 a day.bale 1,200
    nagbigay ako ng 1500 para may pasobra pa,binayaran ko sa ospital 5k bale naka 6.5k ako ng gastos sa bata..sabay pirmahan sa pulis station.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    naka bangga din ako ng bata 9 years old biglang tumawid pero sa bandang driver side siya nanggaling kaya diko napansin bale sa gilid ng fender ko sa harap tumama ung bata .putok din ung ulo.sinugod ko sa ospital.binayaran lahat x-ray sit scan.binili ko lahat ng gamot.at sinagot lahat ng gastos after that nakipag usap sa akin ung magulang ng bata isang sekyu.sabi niya bayaran nalang ko lang daw ung 3 araw na sahod niya bilang sekyu para maalagaan niya ung bata.tinanong ko kung magkano.sabi niya 400 a day.bale 1,200
    nagbigay ako ng 1500 para may pasobra pa,binayaran ko sa ospital 5k bale naka 6.5k ako ng gastos sa bata..sabay pirmahan sa pulis station.
    sorry OT, nagamit ninyo po ba iyong compulsary 3rd party liability insurance (C-TPL or TPL)???

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post

maswerte kayo at natapos agad. yung sa situation ko kase kahit ok na lahat ng result marami pa daw nararamdaman. kung sino pa yung mas matanda sya pa mas maarte.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I have mixed feelings about the TS' predicament. I feel for his situation over this unfortunate incident. No one wants to be someone else's cash cow. However, what if there are developments after the initial round of tests say a clot or an undetected problem that came out or may come out much later? What is the TS' liability in situations like those mentioned? It is sad to be in the TS' shoes but how does it feel to be the VICTIM of the accident should I wonder? Would a lump sum payment cover for whatever may come up in the future as a result of the accident? What sort of burden/risk will the victim carry if he agrees to a simple settlement? I think the TS should honestly lay his cards on the table and tell the victim of his financial limits so at least the affected party could gauge how far he could extract help from him. This way the victim will lose taste of any illusions he may have financially from the TS and will be more realistic with his requests/demands. Good luck!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I agree TPL should have been used.. maximum of 100T for bodily injured?

Who are the third parties?
    "THIRD PARTY shall refer to any person other than a PASSENGER as defined in the law and shall also exclude a member of the household, or a member of the family within the second degree of consanguinity or affinity of the vehicle owner, or his employee in respect to death, bodily injury, or damage to property arising out of and in the course of employment."

Your friends and other persons, who are not your relatives, riding in your car are considered as third parties and not passengers. The third party may either be inside or outside your car.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    sorry OT, nagamit ninyo po ba iyong compulsary 3rd party liability insurance (C-TPL or TPL)???
    Last edited by _Qwerty_; September 25th, 2014 at 09:29 AM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    What liability is covered?
    It covers the liability of the insured in respect of the bodily injury and/or death of any THIRD PARTY in an accident caused or arising out of the use or operation of the insured vehicle.

Subject to the limits of liability stated in the policy, the insurer will pay all sums necessary to discharge the insured from liability, assuring the victim and/or his dependents of immediate financial assistance, regardless of the financial capacity of the motor vehicle owner.

Liability for loss or damage to property is not covered.

How much is the insurance coverage?
    The current CTPL coverage is Php100,000.00.

Pinoy Insurance: What is Compulsory Third Party Liability Insurance?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Hi! Pa-help naman po. I was involved in an accident last week. We came to a resolution that I'll pay a certain amount.

Paano po yung pag-address ng Quitclaim? Sino gagawin kong affiant? Si Owner po ba o si driver (Kapatid ng Owner and yung nakausap ko nung incident/naka-deal ko). Naiisip ko po kasi na baka pagpirma ni driver/kapatid, si Registered Owner naman po ang humabol sakin...

Need your advise po.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123