New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Meron akong lumang Toyota Corolla 5-door sedan (1990), fresh from body repairs and repainting in original color. It still drives well, 2E engine still drives well (no overheating even on long drives on really hot days with aircon on max). First car ko ito, but I don't really drive it every day anymore because manibela is on the heavy side of manual pawis steering, especially in traffic. Kaya yung aking Accent 2012 ang pang daily sabak ko ngayon.

I've been teaching my wife to drive in this car (Corolla), and she is almost ready to be a law-abiding member of the road using community

Before I let her onto public roads, though, naisip ko: ano kaya kung ipa-insure ko yung Corolla - just in case. So my question is this, especially to those with experience with it:
    1. Is it cost effective to insure a car as old as a 1990 Corolla?
    2. Does anyone know of an insurance company with positive track record in something like this?
    3. Any tips/recommendations?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Tama ang nasa isip mo na insured. Para safe kayo. Kaso di lahat payag sa old car. Kung may suki ka na insurance pwede. Maybe same insurance company as your accent

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have the same problem.
    my car is going 13 years old, and no one wants to insure it anymore.

but i wonder,
    is there such thing as an insurance that will pay for the damage i will do to the other party's car, should my car bump it?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    but i wonder,
    is there such thing as an insurance that will pay for the damage i will do to the other party's car, should my car bump it?
    CMIIW pero sa alam ko yun dapat ang purpose ng TPL.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by johnm View Post
    cmiiw pero sa alam ko yun dapat ang purpose ng tpl.
    "cmiiw"..?

i didn't know that! hindi pa kasi ako nasisingil ng mga naka-bangga ko...

Insuring old, beater car?