New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    First time I ever heard of this from a friend of mine. They are being asked by the insurance company of the other person to pay for the repairs done to the vehicle. This is the odd part, its several months later and both parties agreed to just fix the damage with their respective insurances agencies since both cars were insured.

Legal ba ito? Agreement was both parties just have it fixed on their own even if my friend already offered their insurance to cover for the damages of the other car. Also wala bang limit sa timeframe na pwede kang habulin for payments by the insurance company, indefinite ba ito?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LoBudget View Post
    First time I ever heard of this from a friend of mine. They are being asked by the insurance company of the other person to pay for the repairs done to the vehicle. This is the odd part, its several months later and both parties agreed to just fix the damage with their respective insurances agencies since both cars were insured.

Legal ba ito? Agreement was both parties just have it fixed on their own even if my friend already offered their insurance to cover for the damages of the other car. Also wala bang limit sa timeframe na pwede kang habulin for payments by the insurance company, indefinite ba ito?
    Isn't it the reason we get insurance is for them to cover for occasions i.e. these?

However, what is unclear though is whether the insurance company is chasing him for the participation fee or the whole cost of repairs. If its the former, well, it shouldn't be a problem if its his fault. But for the latter, its fishy. It puts the insurance company into question, unless, there is some other factors you missed out on?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Whole amount of the cost plus participation. On the police report the fault was assigned to my friend, but still i am also confused as this should be worked out by the insurance companies as that is what they are there for. Also why only over a year later diba?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Your friend should ask his agent for advice. Yes, it is legal. It is handled by the recovery department of an insurance company. If your friend is at fault and if the damage caused by him to the third party is within the coverage of his excess property damage, then there should be no problem. Just present the letter to his insurance company and let them take care of it. Advise niyo na rin yung naghahabol na makipagdeal na lang sa insurance nila for their recovery.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yung insurance lang yung nag hahabol not the actual party na nakabangga. Di ata aware yon na nag hahabol yung insurance. The thing is din over a year ago yon, so hindi na siya insured at this time, though it happened when he was covered.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    I think you misunderstood me. Medyo namix up mo yata mga nouns and pronouns. Insurance ng nabangga ng friend mo yung naghahabol Lets call it insurance B. Ipakita na lang yung sulat (recovery letter) na pinadala ng insurance B (yung nabangga) sa insurance A (insurance ng friend mo at the time of accident). It doesnt matter if he is still insured there or not. As long as when the accident happened the vehicle was insured with insurance A then insurance A is still liable. Out na kayong dalawa, I mean yung unit owners, both your friend and the one he bumped. This is now an insurance to insurance dealing.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Ganito yan.
    1. 10 years is the limit for any claim. How you intend to prove your claim, problema ng claimant yan.
    10 years is a reasonable amount of time, kung 11 years na eh katarantaduhan na yan.
    Kung hindi ka convinced, eh itanong mo sa kapitbahay mo na judge.
    Kung bank naman ang nag hahabol sa iyo,180 days. Kasi yon ang sabi ng Central Bank.
    2. Regardless of who is at fault, or agreement.
    What your friend needs to do is forward the other party`s claim
    to your insurance co.

3. This is what happens when you have a non compliant policy. Bara bara, tira lang ng tira.
    Bili ng insurance kung kanino mura. Eh wala naman talaga mura, insurance is a regulated industry.
    Para maging mura, bawasan mo ng kung ano, mura na.
    May payong ka nga butas naman. Kung ilan o dami ng butas ay hindi mo alam.

4. Always make sure kilala mo servicing agent ninyo.
    Last edited by mark_t; September 5th, 2013 at 06:02 AM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    This is all good. Parang nag loloko lang yung insurance agency. Na explain nga na covered siya ng insurance non with TPPD so disregard na lang DAW yung sulat. LOL...

What is really BS is that they asked him what his insurance was, then he asked them if they had the complete police report kasi nagbigay siya noong nag file sila. Ayun the A-Holes did have the photocopy of the insurance policy, so bakit sila nag hahabol??? Nag hahanap ng taong maloloko malamang.

Thanks sa advice mga peeps! Let this be a lesson to others, wag basta mag pa takot sa mga sulat ng mga galing sa law firm agad agad. And full comprehensive insurance should be the LAW and TPL is just a trash pork barrelly money making scheme.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LoBudget View Post
    This is all good. Parang nag loloko lang yung insurance agency. Na explain nga na covered siya ng insurance non with TPPD so disregard na lang DAW yung sulat. LOL...

What is really BS is that they asked him what his insurance was, then he asked them if they had the complete police report kasi nagbigay siya noong nag file sila. Ayun the A-Holes did have the photocopy of the insurance policy, so bakit sila nag hahabol??? Nag hahanap ng taong maloloko malamang.

Thanks sa advice mga peeps! Let this be a lesson to others, wag basta mag pa takot sa mga sulat ng mga galing sa law firm agad agad. And full comprehensive insurance should be the LAW and TPL is just a trash pork barrelly money making scheme.
    Kasi baka makalusot, marami gumagawa nito na mga agency na akala mo ay sila ang insurance co.
    Marami rin tao na by habit bayad lang ng bayad dahil may pera naman.
    Marami rin na tao ang hindi nagrerecord keeping kaya doble doble na na bayad nila.

Ang pinakamarami ay mga policy na hindi compliant, wala ka mapagtanungan. Ang tawag dito
    Orphan Policies.

Saka hindi law firm yon nag susulat, kadalasan scam yan mga yan. Magdemanda sila ng magkalinawan kayo.
    Covered ka ng insurance eh doon sila sa insurance policy mag claim, Huwag naman nila sabihin na
    absent sila sa class ng topic nila ay Insurance sa law school.

Baka hindi pumasa sa Bar yon may ari ng law firm na naniningil.
    The problem with the letter, if you will have them arrested for extortion is the signatory in the letter
    does not exist. So scam nga usually.
    Last edited by mark_t; September 18th, 2013 at 09:52 AM.

Insurance making a claim on the counterparty