New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    A couple of months ago I was involved in an accident which resulted in the car I was driving hitting the rear bumper of another car. My question is if the car I was driving was not under my name can the other party's insurance still go after me or should they go after the person whose name the car is registered under?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    since your insurance policy is still named after the previous owner, they can still go to that previous owner kung tinakbuhan mo.
    pero kung nagkausap kayo, and may kasunduan kayo. he can go after you.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathblow View Post
    A couple of months ago I was involved in an accident which resulted in the car I was driving hitting the rear bumper of another car. My question is if the car I was driving was not under my name can the other party's insurance still go after me or should they go after the person whose name the car is registered under?
    The Insurer will go after the registered owner.

If the car you are driving has insurance but was not properly endorsed when sold to you,
    then the insurance co. will deny all claims for lack of insurable interest.

If the vehicle has been reported as stolen then all Own Damage claim will fall
    under Theft Cover.

Then the liability transfers to you the driver. The driver becomes liable.

If the driver is employed as such and is using a company vehicle, then the company or employer becomes liable if not insured.
    Last edited by mark_t; September 19th, 2012 at 11:39 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    since your insurance policy is still named after the previous owner, they can still go to that previous owner kung tinakbuhan mo.
    pero kung nagkausap kayo, and may kasunduan kayo. he can go after you.
    Kung tinakbuhan nya and the other party is smart.

Papatanggalan ka nya ng Drivers License for life.

You will never be able to get a drivers license legally.

And if he acquires a DL illegally.

Jail time na. Parang nilalaro ka ng chess.