New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    friday midnight
    - while edsa santolan's traffic is slow moving, a truck driver accidentally bumped into my car. DAMAGE: rear right fender crumpled, missing fuel door, broken right tail light, scratched passenger door and bumper

- driver offered to have the car fixed at their garage in valenzuela since they have latero and pintor that can do the job daw.
    - we didnt wait for a police na to secure for a report since ok na ko sa offer nya, plus maulan din and was with my wife and baby kaya gusto ko na rin makauwi.

monday
    - i went to their office, talk to the operator of the truck. he asked me if i can provide a police report to claim from their insurance instead, madalas daw absent ang latero nila and he cannot guarantee the work.

Question:

can i still get a police report even if the accident has passed 2 days na?
    any suggestion on how to get a police report to claim from the insurance company?

thank you tsikot!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    dapat yata yung insurance mo ang makipag negotiate sa insurance nung truck. pls seek the advice of your insurance agent

sa police report, my own experience though for snatching to claim also for insurance, ok lang yung late report. pero do it asap and isama mo wifey to corroborate your story

pwede rin yatang affidavit

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    double post
    Last edited by dfopiso; September 17th, 2012 at 05:08 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sad to say tpl lang insurance ko boss eh.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Hon View Post
    Sad to say tpl lang insurance ko boss eh.
    This is what you do.

Get a copy of the trucks insurance policy and proceed to the Police to file a report.

Take pictures using your celphone or camera print it and include it in the report.

Check the BI/PD cover of the insurance for the truck. Kung 100,000php then you are in luck.

Pa quote ka na sa mga repair shop. Talk to the manager kung kanino ka at ease. Doon mo ipagawa.

File your claim.

Huwag mo ipapatira sa latero nila, balbon yan.