New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Hello guys, 19 yrs old palang po ako and 2nd year college this coming june. My mom is planning to buy me a 1.3 honda jazz pero gusto ko sana kahit mirage lang kasi nakakahiya 5k monthly din difference nila but she insists in buying me a jazz. Will buy car on june/july. Sa house po 2 lola ko na 60+ nalang so naisip ko na baka mahirapan kami sa pagbili ng car since matanda na mga lola ko and ako naman bata( 19 yrs old) so baka isahan kami ng SA. Dad ko po iniwan na ako and mga ibang relatives ko nasa abroad narin so parang no choice talaga na kami nalang po mag aayos. I am a car lover/enthusiast na train na po ako ni dad pano mag maintain/ayos ng car before niya ko iniwan.Ask ko lang mga ganito po

1. Mahihirapan po ba kami sa pag bili dahil nasa abroad ang mag babayad? In house financing po ang plano namin

2. Pwede po ba ipangalan sa 19 yrs old ang bibilin na car?

3. Since 19 lang ako and 60+ na mga lola ko nag woworry ako na baka maisahan ng mga SA. Any tips po?

4. Malaki po ba chance namin ma approve?

5. Client po kami ng BDO so mas ok po ba dito kami mag loloan?

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    It is very commendable that you are being practical when it comes to purchasing a car. The Jazz is due for a replacement this year. Don't get in house financing. It is better to get your loan thru BDO since it will have lower interest and they will also help you find a good dealer. The car can be placed in your name or your mother's name who presumably will be the one to make the loan. Check the thread about bank car loan interest rates. You can come back here to compare notes with others on what the SA is offering so you can get the best deal.

You might want to look at the soon to be released Toyota Wigo (Feb) and Ford Ecosport (April). Are you getting a manual or automatic transmission?
    Last edited by Walter; February 2nd, 2014 at 11:19 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    It is very commendable that you are being practical when it comes to purchasing a car. The Jazz is due for a replacement this year. Don't get in house financing. It is better to get your loan thru BDO since it will have lower interest and they will also help you find a good dealer. The car can be placed in your name or your mother's name who presumably will be the one to make the loan. Check the thread about bank car loan interest rates. You can come back here to compare notes with others on what the SA is offering so you can get the best deal.

You might want to look at the soon to be released Toyota Wigo (Feb) and Ford Ecosport (April). Are you getting a manual or automatic transmission?
    We have a limited budget on downpayment with 150k maybe enough for 20% dp + insurances,lto and etc and with only 15k per month 5 years to pay. Yes Im aware of the new jazz that will be released this year and that's what exactly we're planning, so we could get big discount on the current jazz it looks better in my opinion and we're just being practical I just need a transpo to school. So my bank which is BDO will help me find a good dealer? I heard if i go directly thru the bank the dp is going to be higher because of insurance,reg lto but anyways looking forward to discounts so our budget of 150k might be enought for it. Yes but afraid to buy cars which are "bago na labas" I bet they still havent perfected it yet and will make a recall. Like (jazz,mirage) when first produced here in ph they did a recall.
    Planning to get an AT cause of traffics here in MM, MT would be fun though

Thank sir! Noted

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    tell your mom the mirage is the car of the year!
    i don't believe anyone when he says his installment program is the cheapest there is. i get written quotations from at least three sources..
    and don't be swayed by the number of free car mats they will promise. compared to the cost of the car, those and the other freebies are dirt cheap. but you already know that, of course.. heh heh.
    btw, the base / taxi vios costs less than 600K.
    good luck.

and i am not sure if you can get the ownership under your name, if it's gonna be installment basis.. better check on this.
    and tell the store the conditions of your family. that way, if they approve the deal and things get screwy later on, they can not claim you tried to fool them.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 3rd, 2014 at 12:25 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    tell your mom the mirage is the car of the year!
    i don't believe anyone when he says his installment program is the cheapest there is. i get written quotations from at least three sources..
    and don't be swayed by the number of free car mats they will promise. compared to the cost of the car, those and the other freebies are dirt cheap. but you already know that, of course.. heh heh.
    btw, the base / taxi vios costs less than 600K.
    good luck.

and i am not sure if you can get the ownership under your name, if it's gonna be installment basis.. better check on this.
    and tell the store the conditions of your family. that way, if they approve the deal and things get screwy later on, they can not claim you tried to fool them.
    Yea but I love the look of the current jazz but mirage will do for me,5k difference per month is still huge.

I wonder why citimotors don't offer test drives for the HB mirage? Unlike honda where you can test drive any unit you want.

Yes I won't thanks for the advice

For the vios ,I prefer small cars

Help me in buying our new car please :)