New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi mga sirs,

This is my first time selling a car, and with the recent news regarding Sellers killed etc.. I am somewhat afraid since I am new to this.

I already have a buyer for my car, it was a quick talk, like maybe an hour and a half haggling and chatting with regards to the car. And he decided to push through with the transaction. Since it was saturday and no banks are open we decided to have the payment on Monday. He will pay cash and is willing to go to the bank with me and deposit it there.

He also gave me a small amount for deposit just for me not to entertain other prospective buyers until Monday.

Sorry if I am a little bit paranoid about this, is there a possibility that somewhere along the way to the bank he could just carjack me or what?

Or maybe after the payment since we still need the Deed of Sale to be notarized that there will be similar problems that might happen?

Just need your suggestions on what safety measures I can do to protect myself as the seller.

Thanks!

P.S. Mods if I am in the wrong section please feel free to move it :D Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    magsama ka ng mga kaibigan (or relatives). don't go alone with him.
    if possible, kahit 2 cars kayo, convoy.
    kung serious buyer yan, ok lang dapat sa kanya, kahit ilan pa kasama mo.

mahirap na....baka dominguez apelyido nyang buyer mo.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    yeah just dont go alone

and you should be contented pag nasa bank ka na. there are armed guards everywhere naman.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Salamat sa advice mga Sirs!

Kinausap ko na Father ko and magsasama pa siya two friends niya para samahan ako.

Gagamitin namin yung Car ni Tatay papunta bank. And if all things are ok na then saka ko ibibigay yung documents and the key to the car.

Salamat ulit sa inyo :D

HELP! As a Car Seller, what are the best ways to have a smooth transaction?