New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Good day guys, i bought a used Toyota Fortuner pero assume balance sa BDO. I paid the original owner around 450k and paid the remaining 24 months (20,500).
    I always pay on time and after 24 months na fully paid ko na yung auto loan. The problem now is, ayaw irelease ng BDO yung documents ng fortuner ko even if fully paid na ako dahilan sa may utang sa credit card yung co maker (husband) ng original owner. Wala na sa Philippines yung original owner (wife) nasa abroad na dahil nagkahiwalay narin sila.
    Naiipit ako ngayon kasi di ko makuha documents ko kahit bayad na auto loan ko. Tinatanong ko sa bdo magkano yung utang nung husband sa credit card e ayaw naman sabihin ng BDO dahil sa bank secrecy law daw.
    I need your help guys...
    May naka experience na ba sa inyo ng similar case? Ano dapat gawin? Di na mahagilap yung husband and wide

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Check the deed of sale when you assumed the loan if it states that you are free of any liabilities of the previous owner. If not, talk to the bank manager or find a lawyer.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Blank deed of sale po binigay niya sa akin at special power of attorney to get the necessary documents upon full payment ng loan.

Masyadong playing safe yung bank, i have paid in full to the last centavo, wala akong inargabyado. Ayaw din nila sabihin magkano utang sa credit card nung co maker.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Paging mr Juan martinez our helpful legal counsel here in tsikot

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kmb333 View Post
    Paging mr Juan martinez our helpful legal counsel here in tsikot

I do not know what it is with banks.

But IMO, they are acting like big a$$h*les here.

What is the relevance of a credit card liability of a co-maker with the purchased unit, and fully paid at that???

Hey! The unit is fully paid!!! There is also a deed of sale...

In hindsight, You should have accomplished this and transferred the liabilities with the bank yourself earlier to eliminate any complications.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ban pa yata si JM. Mods, when is it going to be lifted?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

What is the relevance of a credit card liability of a maker with the purchased unit, and fully paid at that???

Hey! The unit is fully paid!!! There is also a deed of sale... You should have accomplished this and transferred the liabilities with the bank yourself...
    Exactly my point, bayad na yung oto till the last centavo, always on-time din ang payment every month. Di ko maintindihan bakit ayaw nila ilabas documents ng oto ko which is FULLY PAID na. Wala din akong connection sa credit card debt ng co-maker ng loan. Ako naiipit talaga..

Yung co-maker nag tatago na, yung principal nasa abroad na ayaw narin makialam dun sa utang ng ex asawa niya

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You should have informed the bank at the time you purchased the vehicle and transferred the loan to your name.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

What is the relevance of a credit card liability of a co-maker with the purchased unit, and fully paid at that???

Unless the buyer informed the bank that he has purchased the vehicle, their record will still reflect the original owner.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    You should have informed the bank at the time you purchased the vehicle and transferred the loan to your name.
    As much as i want to turn back time ginawa ko na. Hindi ko kasi alam ang process ng mga assume balance, nag tiwala lang ako. Hindi ko akalain sa ganito aabot

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Fully paid car but bank wouldn't release documents