New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Very informative! Yep, I'll do just that and start soon. Just that, how do I practice to be persuasive? hehehe... I'll work on that

- Just remember you have the power. You will be parting with your money, so naturally you'd want to get more for less. I find it helps if you don't seem too overkeen or over-excited. Remember you can walk-away from a deal at any time, but if/when you do... make an ULTIMATUM - i.e. "if you throw in a DVD system + backup sensors + HID's I will cancel my other deals and deal with you!" lol. That deal maybe unlikely so just say (with a sad face) "ok sir, i'll buy the DVD system elsewhere, just add the other two items and we have a deal" - depends on the SA haha

What "truth" will I have to bend, like pit them against each other?
    - Statements like: "SA from las pinas is giving me a XX,XXX for my monthly, can you beat it?"
    - "With the same monthly, the SA from las pinas threw in a DVD system, can you do that same so i can sign on the dotted line with you now?"
    Okay they may be lies, but hey it may help you get a better deal... and who says SA's don't lie to us lol

Can I do all this by phone, calling and texting? Or do I have to visit each of them?
    - Whatever you feel comfortable with. Personally I sent out MASS SMS's to SA's and just sat at my office texting them back.

All of the above are my personal points of view

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I need some advice guys:

I work at home as a Senior Web Designer in a US Based company for 4 years now. Like an ordinary employee here in the Philippines, I also have a monthly salary which is sent twice a month through xoom.com. I have a certificate of employment (sent by my Boss in the US) indicating how much I'm earning a month. I also have savings account (PHP90,000) and personal checking account on my bank. Since I work at home, its really hard to file ITR and pay taxes once $$ is already on your hand, besides I really dont know if it worth paying my taxes.

I read a reply here saying that its nearly impossible to get a car loan from the bank without ITR.

Is there anyway to get car loan from the bank with my situation? Thanks in advance!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ As a local employee, all banks seem to require an ITR. Try calling the banks, explain your situation and see what strings they can pull for you.

In-house may be your best option - I don't know what happens behind the scenes but it seems you can get an approval in no time through in-house!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    got my mitsu lancer glx 1.6 through the metrobank metro car promo. i think it's till end of sept?

3 year rate for the car (one month advance) is 15.8%ish

chattel mortgage is 11200 compred to 20k quoted by casa. heheh

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Financing a car purchase?  Never thought it would be this easy!