New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi guys, i'm currently thinking of switching from my current insurance company to MAPFRE insurance. Any feedbacks from this insurance company? Any 1st hand experience? Gano katagal mag claim? difference from other insurance companies? I heard na hindi na kelangan ng police report, and pdeng puntahan ng adjuster sa bahay nyo ung oto? My car is a 2000 mitsu lancer MX, baka may mga mitsu owners jan na naka MAPFRE insurance, feedback nman please

Thanks in Advance!
    Happy Motoring!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Mapfre is a solid insurance company. Part-owned by by Corporacion Mapfre of Spain and by the Sorianos. Corporacion Mapfre is one of the largest non-life insurance company in Europe with a very good track record as far as claims and services goes. While I don't have any 1st hand experience with them as a client, I personally know 2-3 people who swear by Mapfre. Also, we did some projects for them in the past. The people were very professional, and they paid good money.

EDIT:

Mapfre is now Mapfre Insular. Joint company venture with Insular Insurance.
    Last edited by nicolodeon; December 1st, 2009 at 03:21 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Been with MAFPRE for 2 years na, the good news is and hope it will always be that way. I never had any insurance claim yet. they do have this 24hr HOTLINE number for assistance...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my current insurance company kse is okei na din(lower rates than MAPFRE pero one of the biggest insurance company din d2), problem ko lng is ung mga authorized shops nila, wala pang 10 ata authorized shops nila and mga hindi kilala, nakapagpagawa na ako sa 2 shop nila and palpak pareho(nilipat ko ng shop kse nung nde pumalpak sa una). Mapfre has almost 50 authorized repair shops in M. Mla. alone

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    yung 2000 Toyota Revo ni erpats eh naka Mapfre for 3 years na, twice na nag-claim at mabilis naman, basta meron police report (own damage lang), yung adjuster ang pumunta sa office ng utol ko para inspect, then wait lang sila ng LOA (letter of authority) after 2 days from Mapfre, pag dumating na yung LOA, dun pa lang nila dalhin sa casa (toyota pasong tamo)

my 2003 revo is also insured sa mapfre (no claim yet)
    my dad's 1998 corolla is also insured sa mapfre (no claim yet)

sa Ayala Aon ako kumukuha ng mapfre insurance dahil mahal pag direct ako sa mapfre kukuha..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I had a claim with Mafre about 3 years ago. I was the third party claimant. I have a friend (a VP) there but didn't bother calling him. I just called the Claims Department and was told to bring the car to their office in Makati for inspection. My preferred shop was not accredited with them but they allowed me to have my car repaired at that shop. When my policy expired, I renewed it with Mafre because of good claims services.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by revoGSX
    sa Ayala Aon ako kumukuha ng mapfre insurance dahil mahal pag direct ako sa mapfre kukuha..
    sir san ung Ayala Aon? bakit mas mura sa kanila? May contact # and person ka po dun? Thanks in advance

ang quote kse sa kin ngayon is 13k lahat lahat for my 2000 lancer mx. 340k ung value ng car na nilagay nila
    Last edited by mhelskie; October 6th, 2005 at 10:09 AM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    me second year ko na sa mafre (inhouse isuzu cavite) la pa ko na claim pero ok naman kausap mga tao dun. if u want u can inquire to 8764444 ayala alabang look for Lot

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by x-wind
    me second year ko na sa mafre (inhouse isuzu cavite) la pa ko na claim pero ok naman kausap mga tao dun. if u want u can inquire to 8764444 ayala alabang look for Lot
    sir asa kabilang ibayo ako e, camanava area po ako, may kilala ba kyo dun? kahit na 5 yr old car e pde sa casa pa din ipagawa pag MAPFRE insurance?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    might be OT...here it goes anyway..

ako hindi sa MAPFRE, pero reading thru the posts from those with direct experience of how good the claims service is...here's an experience from my car's current insurance company(direct link) and feel free to compare:

from my experience, a police report is not a strict requirement(if you were unable to secure one), just a written narration of what happened in the accident. you don't need to bring your car to their office for inspection, or send to you someone to inspect the car. you just need to give them pictures of the damage. you have a choice of cash settlement or have it repaired to their authorized shops(can't find my brochure, but there's several pages of listings). you just have to send them a qoutation price of the parts & labor(for cash settlement) so they can compute how much they'll refund to you. upon submission of the required docs, they released my check, as i remember, less than a week.

they have 24-hour hotline, free car registration assistance(have never gone to LTO for the last 3 years), they regularly come up with promos from time to time, i.e. free gas, free mirror/glass etching, the latest one i heard is free TPL insurance for 3 years for those getting a comprehensive insurance. they have motorized riders to pickup & deliver your documents/checks/etc, so you won't have to skip work to go to their office.

i don't know how much is the premium though for your car. you can ask both companies for a qoute, as well as other information on claims/towing(within & outside MM)/roadside assistance, for comparison.

hope this helps increase your expectations from car insurance companies...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Feedback on MAPFRE insurance company?