New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RedAccent View Post
    Hello to all. Im a newbie here. Just like to ask re insurance claim. Got the car last april (2012) from hyundai Q. Ave. (comprehensive ins. incl.). Unfortunately, my daughter got an accident the other day ("own damage"). she hit a small concrete that resulted to a dent and scratch just below the door (step board) about 1 1/2 meter long from the driver side. I texted our sales agent at Q.Ave re the requirements for claims and we have completed everything this morning. she also said, we can bring our car to any hyundai branch most convenient for estimate and bring all docs required.

My question is:
    1. Do we have to bring the car direct to the casa of hyundai together with the docs OR, do we have to inform first the insurance company (People's General Insurance) and submit the requirements before we bring the car to Hyundai?

2. Secondly, do we have to pay the total cost incurred (from the casa) for the repair and have it reimbursed from the people's insurance OR, wait for them (People's Ins.) to send us/hyundai the LOA and we will just pay the extra charges (participation fee)? How much usually is the participation fee/charge?

Would appreciate your help. Sorry, Im new at claims.
    1. Yes, normally you have to inform first your insurance or your agent. However, since hyundai is technically your insurance agent, you can just leave your docs there and they should be the one doing the paperworks on your behalf. Bring the car to hyundai for estimate together with your docs. Then wait for further instructions from them on when the repair can start. Normally if it is only a small damage, it will take from one day to three days for approval.

2. You only need to pay your participation, which is indicated in your policy. Look for "DEDUCTIBLE:".

However, depending on your unit and your deductible, dont be surprised if the damage is within or close to your participation.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by derf8666 View Post
    1. Yes, normally you have to inform first your insurance or your agent. However, since hyundai is technically your insurance agent, you can just leave your docs there and they should be the one doing the paperworks on your behalf. Bring the car to hyundai for estimate together with your docs. Then wait for further instructions from them on when the repair can start. Normally if it is only a small damage, it will take from one day to three days for approval.

2. You only need to pay your participation, which is indicated in your policy. Look for "DEDUCTIBLE:".

However, depending on your unit and your deductible, dont be surprised if the damage is within or close to your participation.
    Thank you very much for enlightening me on this matter. The car by the way is Accent 1.4 AT 2012 model. I haven't check my insurance (stupid me) how much is the participation fee (deductible). Will check. Anyhow, I think its okay if my damage is close or within my participation for as long that they (Hyundai) themselves do the repair.

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Yes, you will have to bring the unit for service to make the appraisal. If the insurance is in house, they may make the LOA from there and the work begins soon after. You just have to pay participation fee base on your policy. You should not have it repaired and claim for reimbursement. They may not authorize this or may just give a lower reimbursement given that they have agreed rates with dealers and this is substantantially lower than what normal customers pay. If you did not get the insurance from the dealership, you may inform them now that you are bringing it to your dealership and they may advise you if its accredited or not.

hth.
    Thank you so much for the info. Yes, the insurance is in-house. It's included when we bought the car a few months past. So, we have to call first the branch of Hyundai (most convenient) and ask if it's accredited? But our sales agent (Hyundai Q.Ave) told me that we could bring the car to any Hyundai branch and just bring the required docs (insurance, affidavit, pictures, etc.). Is it safe to assume then that all Hyundai dealers have one insurance company? Anyhow, we will try to call their branch near us and ask. Thanks a lot.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    [QUOTE=kix808;2008954]they sent me their 2nd letter, from 520k, 580k na sya. take it ko na...settle k pa ung sa toyota in hse na remaining balance..then isip nlang ng kapalit. Pero pede bang kuha nalang ako ng unit ulit continue ung contract with toyota inhse? possible ba un na option din?!3 more yrs pa ung loan ko kse.[/QUOte

i will be meeting the representative from People's Gen tom sa financing bank ko, to settle the remaining balance and bigay sken ung sobra..hayyyzz! ang tagal, puspusang follow up ang ginawa ko pero bagal pa din, i even wrote the Insurance Commission which in fairness replied naman din, they sent a letter addressed to the President of PGIC, copy furnished my email address. sana ok na lahat bukas.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by derf8666 View Post
    Yup. You dont need to do anything na and just have to schedule your car dun sa casa kung kailan pwedeng ipasok at kung kelan matatapos. And since ikaw yung 3rd party, you dont need to pay anything, just sign yung release and affidavit..

LOA serves as the PO and as guarantee that the scope of work and the amount payable as agreed upon will be paid for by the insurance company. Terms usually are 30 days. But that doesnt mean you have to wait for 30 days before you can get your car. Yun lang ang terms nila. However, there are some cases in which a casa will demand a check before the release of the car even with the presence of the LOA. Usually nangyayari yan kung hindi accredited yung o kung mayroong hindi magandang track record yung insurance company. Double check mo na rin yan sa casa para siguradong walang hassle.
    What if habang ginagawa yung car ay may nadiscover pa na other damages na hindi nakasama sa LOA dahil nung unang estimate ay hindi pa nadiscover yung damage, habang ginagawa na lang. Kelangan ba ng another LOA para dito? Eh di tatagal naman sa Casa kasi hindi nila gagawin yung additional na yun kung hindi siya kasama sa unang LOA?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi. My insurance policy (under People's General Insurance) is expiring next month. Im planning to transfer to other insurance company. Our sales agent from Hyundai told me that for as long as the new insurance company is accredited with the bank where we loaned the car (PNB), it's okay to transfer. We got the car last April 2012.

Would like to know if anybody here who is an agent of any insurance company other than People's Gen Ins..say, Standard Insurance? Are they okay? By the way here is my current coverage with People's Gen Insurance.

Model: 2012
    Make: Hyundai
    Type: Accent 1.4 CVVT GL AT

Section Coverage Premium
    Third Party Liability 100,000.00 1,291.62
    Own Damage 868,000.00 20,834.62
    Theft 868,000.00 (Included)
    Excess Bodily Injury 100,000.00 180.00
    Property Damage 100,000.00 730.00
    Personal Accident 100,000.00 325.00
    Acts of Nature 868,000.00 4,340.00
    Total Premium 27,701.24
    Charges: Doc Stamps 3,462.66
    EVAT 3,324.15
    Local Govt Tax 41.35
    Others 50.40
    Total Amt Due 34,580.00
    1 Unamed driver & 4 unamed passengers * P20,000.00 each with medical reimbursement of P1,000.00 each.
    Deductible: P2,000.00
    Towing: P 100.00
    Authorized Repair Limit: P2,100.00

Would it be possible if any insurance agent here to send me the coverage and how much premium would i pay for the renewal of my car. You may send me pm if you like, Would appreciate it if you could include your contact details.

Thank you.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Hi. I just like to know what happened to your claim, did they eventually pay you off? Im in the same situation as you are and it is since september this year and they are giving me a hardtime

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by noreen View Post
    Hi. I just like to know what happened to your claim, did they eventually pay you off? Im in the same situation as you are and it is since september this year and they are giving me a hardtime
    Naku! Huwag ka nang umasa sa hinayupak na People's General Insurance na yan! Pababalik balikin ka lang sa opisina nila. I would suggest Malayan Insurance dahil OK silang kausap. Yang People's na yan bwisit talaga yan, nandyan lang sila para magnegosyo at kumita ng malaki...!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    Naku! Huwag ka nang umasa sa hinayupak na People's General Insurance na yan! Pababalik balikin ka lang sa opisina nila. I would suggest Malayan Insurance dahil OK silang kausap. Yang People's na yan bwisit talaga yan, nandyan lang sila para magnegosyo at kumita ng malaki...!
    yung fiesta namin napagawa naman namin without having to go to their office. bulok nga lang kasi ford kaya di pantay pagpintura

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    This is the first time I've had an accident and sad to say nakasanggi ako ng matanda. Ina-assist namin, napagamot ko na at tatanggalin na lang 'yung cast sa kamay e humihingi pa ng pera yung apo bilang danyos. Although naiintindihan kong naabala ko sila, but I think what they're asking from me is too much considering napagamot ko naman. They wanted 15T from me bilang tulong na lang daw. I offered them 3-5T pero ayaw. Ang sabi ni PG hayaan ko na lang daw magdemanda at saka namin sagutin.

Nagdemanda ng reckless imprudence kaso twice naman di dumating yung nag-file ng complain. Si People's Gen pinapunta ng Fiscal dahil insured naman daw kami at kung may CTPL kami dun daw papasok yung hinihinging 15T. How true is it? Kasi yung senior adjuster ng People na si Arnold Gorgon e todo tanggi na labas daw ang PG sa hinihinging danyos. In fact, nagka-badtrip'an pa kami dahil me kayabangan din 'tong taong 'to when he said na "hindi naman kami dapat mag-appear pa dito pero nagpunta pa din ako."

It was the Fiscal who asked for their participation at isa pa, para saan ang kinuha naming insurance kung wala namang suporta? Ito ako ngayon nakademanda after kong tuparin ang part ko as nakasanggi dun sa tao pero iiwan din pala ako sa ere ng insurance na 'to?

Enlighten me mga members. I'm really lost.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    They just denied my claim on personal accident after they had me waiting for 1.5 months. pinaasa then boom! claim denied due to unauthorised repair. for 3 yrs being with this insurance company and 1st claim is denied...will never again trust them. just got the issue presented to a lawyer for legal advise. hopefully we can reimburse the expenses we shell out for the repair of our car.

Do not purchase any insurance from PEOPLE'S GENERAL INSURANCE!!!