New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    How do dealers compute the valuation of a trade-in vehicle taking into account all variables are constant and average (mileage, condition etc)?

Do they generally follow the 10-20% depreciation calculation?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From what i observed before, they value it around 60K to 100K less than the going market rate. Rarely do i see the percentage value applied on the second hand market here.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    In order to compute going market rate, safe ba to multiply 0.90/0.80 by the cars initial valuation, per year?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its not an exact formula. Things to consider is the condition of the car and how easy it is to sell it.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    usually less 30k to 50k sa average price sa buy n sell/magazine

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The most accurate to actual selling/going prices for me is the Manila Bulletin Sunday classifieds. Remove around 5K-30K for the tawad price and around 60K-80K for the trade-in/presyong kuha ni buy and sell. Personally i find prices online and in Buy and Sell still to be on the higher side.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    depends on the model.. pag may new model na lumabas.. asahan mo ang baba nang trade in nang old models..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathRow View Post
    How do dealers compute the valuation of a trade-in vehicle taking into account all variables are constant and average (mileage, condition etc)?

Do they generally follow the 10-20% depreciation calculation?
    It would be more like 20 to 30% below market value.