New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hello everyone, a question from a complete ignorant regarding car insurance. Need your help please.

We are buying a brand new car and indicated on the quotation is the amount of 34k for the comprehensive insurance, the car is a 2011 toyota vios 1.3e mt, my question is, would it be better to get the insurance indicated on the quotation or just get seperately from a bank like BDO? Can you please tell me which is better and why. I'm not familiar with how this works so If you could please explain it on the simplest way understandable to a complete ignorant, I will highly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    neither.. parehong taga presyo nyan.. you are free to shop around for your own insurance.. asks quotes from 2 to 3 insurance companies.. compare the figure and get the lowest with the maximum benefit.

hindi lang yung policy ang mababa.. dapat pati yung deductible nasa 3T range lang..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleMischa View Post
    Hello everyone, a question from a complete ignorant regarding car insurance. Need your help please.

We are buying a brand new car and indicated on the quotation is the amount of 34k for the comprehensive insurance, the car is a 2011 toyota vios 1.3e mt, my question is, would it be better to get the insurance indicated on the quotation or just get seperately from a bank like BDO? Can you please tell me which is better and why. I'm not familiar with how this works so If you could please explain it on the simplest way understandable to a complete ignorant, I will highly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance
    Best is to get a licensed insurance agent directly accredited with an insurance company, who knows the ins and outs especially in times of claim. Dealer insurance is good only for own damage claims but wont be there in times of 3rd party claims, which is actually more important, as you have to deal with people you have aggravated. Bank insurance could be cheaper sometimes, but it doesnt give you the service that you deserve when you most need it. Premium or cost of insurance should definitely be a primary consideration, but it should never be the only consideration. You should also consider the dependability of both the agent and the insurance company.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Thank you all for those valuable inputs. When I first inquired for a quotation at toyota the insurance indicated was for only 28k, but then when my brother did another quote request the next day it already became 34k. May I ask for any thoughts which insurance company is dependable in terms of claims, I am located at Pampanga and maybe you can give me a good insurance company to which I can have my car insured.

Thank you.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleMischa View Post
    Thank you all for those valuable inputs. When I first inquired for a quotation at toyota the insurance indicated was for only 28k, but then when my brother did another quote request the next day it already became 34k. May I ask for any thoughts which insurance company is dependable in terms of claims, I am located at Pampanga and maybe you can give me a good insurance company to which I can have my car insured.

Thank you.
    I'm also from Pampanga, try CIGI, Laus group, dun ko kinuha insurance.

Dealer insurance or bank insurance