New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    need some help here..

i'm new with this car insurance claim thing, recently acquired my unit(HONDA CITY) unfortunately in a week's time i hit a stray dog on my way home which damage my condenser and slightly my bumper which was promptly replaced by the casa chargeable to my car insurance...also included in the quotation was the replacement of my radiator which was was scratch a bit by the condenser, told the casa personnel that i dont experienced overheating and requested that it not be replaced but they insisted since it will be charged to the insurer...but with the way i see it my radiator seems okay..havent experienced overheating or high temperature.

here is my question, could i demand from the casa that i take the radiator with me once it arrives and have it as my spare if later i will experience overheating..my radiator is working just fine.

the insurer was charged 56T for the repair conducted by the casa, while the radiator alone cost 18T..

additionally, what type of coverage is this chargeable to? third party?

hoping for your advise guys....

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    bro, since it will ba charge to your insurance no need to worry you will only ask to pay your participation fee( check the amount you will participate because some insurance has a fix rate while others will charge you depends on the actual cost of damage). casa personel would like to replace your radiator just to make sure it will have no issue. you are lucky because casa want to replace the radiator with only slight sign of damage, others wont let you replace such thing, they wont allow you to get those replaced items because they will surrender it to the insurance company.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    The bet Car insurance company's are pay out all your claim and provides you the best facilities and if you face this accident then you have no need to get worry You should be inform your company about your this accident the company will be able to pay your claim after a little verification.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Javier1 View Post
    The bet Car insurance company's are pay out all your claim and provides you the best facilities and if you face this accident then you have no need to get worry You should be inform your company about your this accident the company will be able to pay your claim after a little verification.
    Galing ba ito sa Google Translate?

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    pag si Javier1 nag-post ganyan lagi. Google Translated, pero atleast he/she is trying to help

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev01veR View Post
    pag si Javier1 nag-post ganyan lagi. Google Translated, pero atleast he/she is trying to help
    It must have been a long journey bumping in a Filipino forum. As for the TS, I don't think the casa will let you have an "extra" radiator. At least they were willing to replace an undamaged (per your claim) radiator with a brand new one.

Yes you may deny them replacing your radiator but they are insisting on a new one to avoid future problems that the accident might cause in the long run.
    Last edited by Picard; May 4th, 2012 at 04:33 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin74 View Post
    need some help here..

i.but with the way i see it my radiator seems okay..havent experienced overheating or high temperature.

here is my question, could i demand from the casa that i take the radiator with me once it arrives and have it as my spare if later i will experience overheating..my radiator is working just fine.

the insurer was charged 56T for the repair conducted by the casa, while the radiator alone cost 18T..

additionally, what type of coverage is this chargeable to? third party?

hoping for your advise guys....
    1. Are you a certified mechanic?

2. No. The insurance co. will actually demand the previous radiator for recoveries.(it will be sold as junk)
    If you want, you can go to any insurance co recoveries dept and buy all defective parts they have.

3. It depends on what claim you have. Usually your liability is chargeable.

comprehensive car insurance querries