New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    May radius daw yan doc from lto field office to emissions test. May memo na nakapost sa memo.

Once had my car tested in mandaluyong but since line was long sa lto manda, decided to register sa makati. Di na pinayagan and pinakita sakin yung memo

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    That's a stupid rule. I smell something fishy. Emission testing centers are online with LTO central, so theoretically those certificates of emission compliance should be accepted at all LTO satellites nationwide. But, wait, LTO is stupid -- or pretends to be stupid -- so...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    So I just completed paying for a repossessed 2007 Starex from Wealthbank in April 2019. I've contacted them several times about changing ownership but they've been unhelpful every time I followed up through the bank's POC for this sale. They just keep telling me they're working on it but it's been months and still the same BS excuse over and over again!

I've reviewed are agreement and all that's needed with me is to bring the car to LTO once they call me for a time and place to brig the unit.

Should I consider a legal option at this point?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
    So I just completed paying for a repossessed 2007 Starex from Wealthbank in April 2019. I've contacted them several times about changing ownership but they've been unhelpful every time I followed up through the bank's POC for this sale. They just keep telling me they're working on it but it's been months and still the same BS excuse over and over again!

I've reviewed are agreement and all that's needed with me is to bring the car to LTO once they call me for a time and place to brig the unit.

Should I consider a legal option at this point?
    Up to you. Lawyers fee would probably be higher than the market price of a 2007 starex.

BTT: you need deed of sale, certificate from the corporate secretary, deed of voluntary surrender/court docs, hpg clearancr, emissions test, original CR and you have to go to the LTO branch where the car was first registered. So if you live in mindanao but car was originally registered in ilocos, you need to go to ilocos ang bring the car with you.

Bring extra patience.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    That's a stupid rule. I smell something fishy. Emission testing centers are online with LTO central, so theoretically those certificates of emission compliance should be accepted at all LTO satellites nationwide. But, wait, LTO is stupid -- or pretends to be stupid -- so...
    Maapektuhan kais kita ng ibang LTO centers kapag pwede yan. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Up to you. Lawyers fee would probably be higher than the market price of a 2007 starex.

BTT: you need deed of sale, certificate from the corporate secretary, deed of voluntary surrender/court docs, hpg clearancr, emissions test, original CR and you have to go to the LTO branch where the car was first registered. So if you live in mindanao but car was originally registered in ilocos, you need to go to ilocos ang bring the car with you.

Bring extra patience.

Thanks. I guess I have to visit the bank then every week and annoy them to death until I get what I want. The bank branch I got it from is mid way between my workplace and where I live so I guess lots and lots of patience is needed?

The thing is I'm not sure where the first owner registered this unit. But it seems to be in Cebu since the plate number starts with a Y which is the same staring letter on my 2009 Picanto. That's just anecdotal evidence on my part though. Again thanks for the reality check sirkosero.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ask the local lto.
    they'll brake the code for you, and tell you where it was originally registered.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
Change of Ownership