New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi sirs. I want to ask the requirements I need to process the change of ownership. What do i need to have and what is the steps to do. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I think meron ng ganyang thread dito.
    Try to search it here using the phrase "Procedure of Change of Ownership"

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Requirements for change of ownership
    deed of sale
    Original OR/CR

1. go to camp karingal in sikatuna village in q.c.
    2. present a xerox copy of all of the things i mentioned.
    3. have your car macro ecthing by their personel.
    4. if your going to do the regular thing you have to go back after 3 working days to get the results. OR add 1k to the regular amount to get the results that day itself.
    5. proceed right away to the LTO where the car is first registered
    6. present the documents given to you by camp karingal personel and tell them you want to have a change of ownership.

I'm undergoing change of ownership now. LTO Pasig is asking for a photocopy (2 copies) of the previous owner's IDs. Na-delay tuloy ang processing.

FYI, for those near the Pasig area. PNP-TMG is now located near Ultra, sa loob mismo ng MMDA impounding area along Meralco Ave. This is beside the MeralcoAve-JVargas flyover, beside Renaissance condominiums. Ang LTO Pasig naman has moved outside of the Kapitolyo compound, pero sa tabi lang naman. I initially thought LTO and TMG were still located inside the Kapitolyo compound. Grabe mga fixers dun, kung hindi mo kukunin ang services nila, hindi nila ituturo kung saan lumipat. Pati mismong guard sa Kapitolyo hindi ka tutulungan kasi kasabwat ang mga fixer. Dapat pinagbabaril lahat yan eh!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Plain Transfer of Ownership For Private Vehicles
    source: LTO / PNP-TMG

Documents Required:

1. Original Certificate of Registration (CR) and latest original Official Receipt (OR) of payment
    2. Original Deed of Sale of the Motor Vehicle
    3. Clearance from Philippine National Police-Traffic Management Group (PNP-TMG)

PNP-TMG Clearance requirements (TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP)

a. Deed of Sale
    b. LTO Certificate of Registration and Official Receipt
    c. If vehicle is mortgaged, submit Cancellation/Release/Assumption of Mortgage
    d. If vehicle was acquired from a company/corporation, submit Secretary's Certificate
    e. If the sale was made through a representative, submit SpecialPower of Attorney

4. Endorsement from the Insurance Company to the New Owner
    5. Actual inspection of MV with duly accomplished MVIR
    6. Confirmation of CR/OR (Cir-91-137) if issued by other LTO Agency
    7. Taxpayer's Identification Number (TIN)

Procedures ( from a poster's experience )

a) Kuha ng request for change of ownership clearance sa TMG.
    b) Bayaran yung fee (200 pesos) sa landbank branch. landbank will issue receipt and validates the clearance request form.
    c) balik ka ng tmg.
    d) pakita mo yung clearance request tsaka yung receipt from landbank
    e) pa stencil mo motor and chassis
    f) submit stenciler's report sa physical inspection. (under TMG-Crimelab)
    g) parak assigned sa Crimelab will make macro-etching report
    h) after completion of macro-etching report, submit report to clearance area.
    i) wait for clearance release (eto eh kung may padulas ka). pag wala, go get your clearance after 3 days. ( i made lagay na dahil hindi na ako makakaabsent ulit after 3 days)
    j) after release of clearance, tapos na. you have to use the clearance within 10 days. dahil 10 days lang vailidity nya. meaning, you have to go to LTO to perform a change of ownership within 10 days.

average time of procedure : 3 hours. can be lower. na late kasi yung chief ng tmg sa patts last wednesday eh. baka na traffic sa baclaran.

registration with change of ownership procedure (should be done at lto branch where vehicle is previously registered, in my case, i went from tmg-pasay to manila south, which is lampas ng pedro gil, manila - san marcelino corner nakpil street)

a) have your car stenciled (again)
    b) have your insurance (tpl) certificate validated
    c) submit documents, including receipts of landbank (for clearance), smoke emission certificate, yung tmg request for clearance tsaka yung actual clearance. syempre, it should include the deed of sale and yung old or/cr.
    d) after being found in order, ilalabas ng lto yung old vehicle file. ivavalidate yun ng inspector.
    e) after validation, papers will be processed.
    f) just wait until name is called sa cashier.
    g) after name is called, pay cashier
    h) wait for the new CR to be released
    i) get stickers.

average time of procedure (alang lagay): 2.5 hours.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    sana may nakalagay na price

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    mga sir,

ililipat sa pangalan ko yung sasakyan ng kuya ko, ano po ang proseso kapag ganito?
    TIA

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdiesel_4D56 View Post
    mga sir,

ililipat sa pangalan ko yung sasakyan ng kuya ko, ano po ang proseso kapag ganito?
    TIA
    entire process here...
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...76#post1340376

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    thank you very much sir 1D4LV.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Need your help mga sir...

I have bought a car wherein I am already the 3rd owner.. I am now having a hard time to change the ownership of the car...

My question is....

1. Kailangan ba ung ID(photocopy) ng previous owner ay recent/not expired...

2. Kailangan din ba na ung signature sa ID(Photocopy) eh nababasa??? Medyo kasi malabo na eh...

2. If yes, what if wala ng contact sa previous owners??? Ano maaaring gawin??

I'm actually losing hope na mai-pachange yung ownership ng car ko...

I bought nga po pala ung car way back March 2009

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
Change of Ownership