1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Give me the money and I'll buy it....

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Sabihin mo Ang AT Lang Ang nag susua-- he he

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    75 yrs old na pala hindi na same legs and knees with you kaya bagay talaga AT sa kanya. O balak mo ba arborin lagi kaya gusto mo isuggest yung ikakatuwa mo? Hehehehe

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by johncoder View Post
    for him - matic is best coz of his age. pero for me, boring i-drive yung matic parang go cart, yung sports mode naman nakaka panibago pero sanayan din. isa pa sobrang tahimik di mo marinig yung revs, alangan nakatutok ka dun sa rpm guage lagi lol. at diesel para tipid pangmatagalan

OT: me ganito na ba na tech?

Attachment 32108
    parang HUD
    Why does your preference matter? It's not your car. I find it utterly selfish to have created this thread in the first place, since you apparently care more about what you want in a car than what your geriatric father-in-law (who owns the car) needs.

Also, I own both manual and automatic cars, and in both cases I don't need to look at the tachometer to shift. Especially with an automatic, where the ECU does the shifting for you. Just step on the pedal and go. That's the convenience of it, which is what many people look for, your father in law included.

Lastly, yes, HUDs are easily available now. Cheapest way to do it is through your smartphone, connected to an OBD scanner through Bluetooth, displaying the car's info through a HUD app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'm surprised at the number of people who detest driving a manual It was only recently that my Kuya convinced me to get an AT. I enjoy driving a manual especially long distance. Pro of driving a manual? The fuel savings I guess. But for some people it is negligible.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I'm surprised at the number of people who detest driving a manual It was only recently that my Kuya convinced me to get an AT. I enjoy driving a manual especially long distance. Pro of driving a manual? The fuel savings I guess. But for some people it is negligible.
    a response to horrible traffic conditions i guess. if it were long open winding roads, i'd wager the sentiment would be the exact opposite.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    If it were not for the horrible traffic, I would prefer stick actually.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Pero if it's daily driven in the city?

I'll say pass to that fuel savings.

Besides not that huge disparity naman.

To TS

Sa edad pa lang ni biyenan mo convenient for him na mag AT na.

Father in law ko naman opposite case, ever since MT lover yun, prior for him getting their new ride i said my piece re: getting an AT pero i didn't insist since siya nga ang gagamit nun. Ended up with MT pa din.

Now pag long drives/city traffic medyo nahihirapan na siya. Kakantyaw na lang si mother in law ko, ayan bakit kasi hindi pa AT kinuha mo.

Challege - convince a person to buy manual diesel SUV.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Bad boy to si TS ah. Go buy your own toy

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Halos wala namang fuel savings for bigger-engined cars or cars with CVTs. I get 8.5 km/L with my MT Altis, more or less the same as with a CVT Altis.

No CVT comes close to the response of a manual though, and that's the clincher for me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast