New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    i live in massachusetts. i've been using a car that has my mother's name on the title, and we both are authorized users on the insurance policy. i am in the position to buy my own car to have in my name and she is going to sell the car i've been using now, so i was wondering if I fill out all the paper work to have the title for the car im buying to be in my name and have it registered at the DMV in my name as well, can it still be added to the insurance policy that has my mother's name as the subscriber?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeck_martin View Post
    i live in massachusetts. i've been using a car that has my mother's name on the title, and we both are authorized users on the insurance policy. i am in the position to buy my own car to have in my name and she is going to sell the car i've been using now, so i was wondering if I fill out all the paper work to have the title for the car im buying to be in my name and have it registered at the DMV in my name as well, can it still be added to the insurance policy that has my mother's name as the subscriber?
    If I am your underwriter the answer is No.
    You are old enough to own a car and old enough to have
    your own subscription. I will charge you a little more as you have
    no account history.

Your mother's subscription maybe enjoying low rates
    on account of her claims history.

I am located in the philippine islands.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    No after getting registered on your name you will have to provide proof that you are the new owner for the car to the insurance company and they will automatically change the owner name in there database..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    No after getting registered on your name you will have to provide proof that you are the new owner for the car to the insurance company and they will automatically change the owner name in there database..

auto repair minneapolis

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    I don’t think you can keep the car in your name and take advantage of her car insurance. However, if you show her as an additional driver too, maybe there’s a way there somewhere. Check with your car insurance agent.

Car insurance question?