New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    What is the best car insurance (company) for brand new car?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    I'm planning to purchase new car thru cash payment. Am I required that the car insurance be purchased in the same dealer?

As per quotation given by the car sales agent, the car insurance will cost more than 28k. And according to her, 1st year insurance of the car should be process by them (the dealer). On other hand, it will only cost less than 18k in the quotation submitted to me by one insurance company.

This is my 1st time to purchase vehicle.

Thanks for your reply.

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by marsgera View Post
    I'm planning to purchase new car thru cash payment. Am I required that the car insurance be purchased in the same dealer?

As per quotation given by the car sales agent, the car insurance will cost more than 28k. And according to her, 1st year insurance of the car should be process by them (the dealer). On other hand, it will only cost less than 18k in the quotation submitted to me by one insurance company.

This is my 1st time to purchase vehicle.

Thanks for your reply.

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Also compare the insurance coverage per line item. I’m guessing the 28k offer covers more than the 18k.

One of the advantages in getting an “in-house” insurance is that it is easier/faster to process insurance claims. Since it’s you’re first time, i would recommend an in-house or on dealer insurance. Less stress and headache. You have the capacity to purchase new car in cash so I’ll assume budget is not an issue. Personally, I had a very good experience with Malayan insurance. Just brought my car to the dealer, together wilth all the requirements for insurance claim. Got a phone call from Malayan and the rep asked me only 1 question about my claim: “sir, ginagamit nyo ba yung car for grab or uber.” and I answered no. The following day, got another call from Malayan informing me that they already issued an authority to repair and a copy was also sent to me thru e-mail.

But I think a good dealer is also a big factor. In my case, they also did their job well.

HTH. [emoji4]