New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Good day mga Sir! new driver here. apologies po for the ignorance (not even sure if its the right thread) .

New driver po with montero 2020 got it last january. I broke my right side mirror (glass broken and may dents po sa cover), sumabit sa nakausling pipe while I was making a reverse palabas ng garage . And I have no idea of the process for repairs. Need lang po ng help or idea. Here are my questions po

1. covered po ba siya ng Insurance? I have Malayan po

2. If covered, who should I contact? The Insurance company or yung service center ng Mitsubishi? (if they will be the one who will coordinate with the insurance)

3. If I decided to repair it to someone else, ma vovoid po ba ang warranty ng auto? (not sure po dahil automatic yung side mirror. maybe there is electrical involve)

Thanks po for your answers and Ideas and please bear with my stupidity. Thanks!!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SzMchFrLv View Post
    Good day mga Sir! new driver here. apologies po for the ignorance (not even sure if its the right thread) .

New driver po with montero 2020 got it last january. I broke my right side mirror (glass broken and may dents po sa cover), sumabit sa nakausling pipe while I was making a reverse palabas ng garage . And I have no idea of the process for repairs. Need lang po ng help or idea. Here are my questions po

2. If covered, who should I contact? The Insurance company or yung service center ng Mitsubishi? (if they will be the one who will coordinate with the insurance)

3. If I decided to repair it to someone else, ma vovoid po ba ang warranty ng auto? (not sure po dahil automatic yung side mirror. maybe there is electrical involve)

Thanks po for your answers and Ideas and please bear with my stupidity. Thanks!!
    Valid naman questions mo.

1. Yes covered yan (own damage) kaya we get comprehensive insurance to cover such incidents.

2. Comply with the requirements usually, notarized affidavit (state mo lang what happened) copy of DL, pictures and estimate from casa/ preferred shop mo.

Submit mo sa insurance mo. They will issue LOA then casa / repair shop will start the repair.

3. If the repair will be done as how it was designed (OEM) wala naman issue sa warranty yun (no splicing of wires etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008

1. yespo. comprehensive insurance usually covers "self-accident".

2. contact your insurance provider, po. they will need from you is a notarized statement making kuwento the event. they have a list of authorized talyers, not necessarily the car dealer's. call them asap. may taning po yan.

3. ma-vo-void yung warranty ng side mirror na ikakabit ninyo. in some incidents, where the cost of damage repair is less than the insurance's participation fee, the car owner might decide to have it fixed himself na lang. if my side mirror's replacement costs were smaller than my insurance participation fee, i would probably have it fixed myself.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Valid naman questions mo.

1. Yes covered yan (own damage) kaya we get comprehensive insurance to cover such incidents.

2. Comply with the requirements usually, notarized affidavit (state mo lang what happened) copy of DL, pictures and estimate from casa/ preferred shop mo.

Submit mo sa insurance mo. They will issue LOA then casa / repair shop will start the repair.

3. If the repair will be done as how it was designed (OEM) wala naman issue sa warranty yun (no splicing of wires etc)

Thanks po for the reply. So I need to contact first the Insurance company. with your reply with no. 3. duon po ako not sure. from looking at it cover and mirror lang po ang damage nung side mirror. basag and scratches. the automatic folding and signal light still works. part i was not sure, since the protective plastic? of the signal light ay basag. baka may galawin na wires.

hehe anyhow po salamat!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    1. yespo. comprehensive insurance usually covers "self-accident".

2. contact your insurance provider, po. they will need from you is a notarized statement making kuwento the event. they have a list of authorized talyers, not necessarily the car dealer's. call them asap. may taning po yan.

3. ma-vo-void yung warranty ng side mirror na ikakabit ninyo. in some incidents, where the cost of damage repair is less than the insurance's participation fee, the car owner might decide to have it fixed himself na lang. if my side mirror's replacement costs were smaller than my insurance participation fee, i would probably have it fixed myself.
    Hi Sir! Thank you po sa reply. sorry po. with your no.3 answer. maelaborate niyo pa po? you mean po the side mirror alone ang mavovoid? sorry new po talaga with cars.

and you mean po. makakauha ako ng estimate ng gastos. before talaga maclaim ? thanks po ha vague po talaga sakin. salamat

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Thanks po for the reply. So I need to contact first the Insurance company. with your reply with no. 3. duon po ako not sure. from looking at it cover and mirror lang po ang damage nung side mirror. basag and scratches. the automatic folding and signal light still works. part i was not sure, since the protective plastic? of the signal light ay basag. baka may galawin na wires.

hehe anyhow po salamat!
    Can you post image of the damages? So mirror lang ang basag pero buo pa din yung assembly? If mirror lang need mo mas madali ata humanap ka na lang nun hehe

Using your insurance and casa repair medyo matagal na proseso if you have the patience then okay lang, palit pa ng buong assembly yan.

Hi Sir! Thank you po sa reply. sorry po. with your no.3 answer. maelaborate niyo pa po? you mean po the side mirror alone ang mavovoid? sorry new po talaga with cars.

and you mean po. makakauha ako ng estimate ng gastos. before talaga maclaim ? thanks po ha vague po talaga sakin. salamat
    Requirement to submit damage estimate as attachment dun sa claim mo.

Ayos lang yan, been there before din.

1 month old car, birthday pa ni erpats ayun may naatrasan ako poste sa garahe hehe

7. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Here po the photos:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Kung saan po sana mas convenient. hehe and since iba situation natin now. hindi rin po talaga malabas masyado yung auto. I actually have po a fried who works in a service center. issue ko lang po talaga if sa kanya ko pagawa mavoid yung warranty.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Can you post image of the damages? So mirror lang ang basag pero buo pa din yung assembly? If mirror lang need mo mas madali ata humanap ka na lang nun hehe

Using your insurance and casa repair medyo matagal na proseso if you have the patience then okay lang, palit pa ng buong assembly yan.

Requirement to submit damage estimate as attachment dun sa claim mo.

Ayos lang yan, been there before din.

1 month old car, birthday pa ni erpats ayun may naatrasan ako poste sa garahe hehe

Here po the photos:

Kung saan po sana mas convenient. hehe and since iba situation natin now. hindi rin po talaga malabas masyado yung auto. I actually have po a fried who works in a service center. issue ko lang po talaga if sa kanya ko pagawa mavoid yung warranty.

and what do you mean pala sir . may taning? sa pag claim po? what happens when hindi mo na provide with a given time?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post
    Sirs please give me some advice if I really need to renew my compre insurance on my 5 year old car in this pandemic period, given that I use it only for once a week groceries at this time of the pandemic?

BTW in 4 yrs of its insurance, I only claimed once on damaged side mirror in the parking building.
    Get one for peace of mind you never know when accidents do happen.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Here po the photos:

and what do you mean pala sir . may taning? sa pag claim po? what happens when hindi mo na provide with a given time?
    Kung ako mas convenient if palitan mo na muna yung mirror, yaan muna yung gasgas.

Still you can file a claim, submit mo sa insurance then pag approve na ask your dealer if may available na side mirror assembly.

Once available na then make an appointment for the installation, wala naman siguro 1 day tapos na yan.