New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I am wondering if I can get my car serviced outside the casa even though I am still under bank financing. Kagagaling ko lang sa casa for my 60k PMS and I was quoted 16K(!) since kailangan na daw palitan yung timing belt.

I have 2 years left on my auto loan and I believe tapos na yung warranty.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    As far as i know 3 yrs or 100,000kms ang normal warranty, the only reason were stuck sa casa is because of this warranty restrictions.. You can opt to have it serviced outside however, be warned that this may cause implications sa warranty should something bad happens to the unit.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for the reply.

So that means if I can confirm na lapse na warranty nya, it's OK to have to serviced outside? Nahihilo talaga ako sa casa rates. If I can source the original parts somewhere else at cheaper prices, I think that makes more sense.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggsfoo View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

So that means if I can confirm na lapse na warranty nya, it's OK to have to serviced outside? Nahihilo talaga ako sa casa rates. If I can source the original parts somewhere else at cheaper prices, I think that makes more sense.
    Yes! Casa rates are absurd when compared to other reputable car service shops. Although labor and service is free sa casa super bawi sila sa overpricing! I suggest you get it done outside like Archipelago Motors for example or etc.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thanks for the reply.

IMHO:
    Having it serviced outside casa (starting from the 1st 1k kms) has nothing to do with the loan...
    The bank does not and cannot compel the owner/borrower to avail CASA services...
    Sir Stickers is right when he said that only the warranty forces us to avail it inside ---
    Kasi if something happens with the unit while having it serviced outside- ( & the dealer found it)
    it will void the warranty and the owner has to shoulder all the expenses...
    Primarily, the Bank is ONLY after the monthly payments; secondary na lang yung car's condition--
    remember, we have our down payment...kung pababayaan na lang natin basta yung sasakyan,
    its tantamount to pinabayaan na rin natin yung ating D/P...
    the Bank knows that we Pinoys care for our cars...
    But, however, pero at subalit... if you can produce a budget din naman- having it serviced inside brings peace of mind...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyferion View Post
    Yes! Casa rates are absurd when compared to other reputable car service shops. Although labor and service is free sa casa super bawi sila sa overpricing! I suggest you get it done outside like Archipelago Motors for example or etc.
    Sa ibang casa ba free labor? As far as I know, up to 1st 5,000km lang. next visit ko may service/inspection charge na sila minimum Php550.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I am wondering if I can get my car serviced outside the casa even though I am still under bank financing. Kagagaling ko lang sa casa for my 60k PMS and I was quoted 16K(!) since kailangan na daw palitan yung timing belt.

Don't worry about your bank. They don't care where you have your PMS as long as you pay your monthly amortization.

If the casa rate is too much for you, you can have it serviced outside. Of course you might void your warranty.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010

anong unit po ba ito?

Can I service my bank financed car outside the casa?