New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_c View Post
    *miles-goer, nakakita ako 1997 Nissan Sentra, 100K lang. Meron nga 40K na Nissan Sentra pero 1994 model pa. Not sure kung ano condition nung mga yon. Check mo na lang itong Invitation to bid from Unionbank

wala bang latest info about bidding ..like invitations...

hopefully i can try buying repossed cars...hehehe

just a newbie here...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last April 2012 I bought a 2007 Mazda3 2.0 liter from BDO repo warehouse in QC, the car's interior was almost new but the engine won't start. I'm not a mechanic, but still took the risk and offered P350k. The only reason I took my chance was the car looks almost brand new. Later I discovered it had a big hole in the engine block!!....big headache, luckily I was able to purchase a japanese surplus L3 series 2.3 liter engine, which is identical to the LS series 2.0 liter engine. So far the car and the engine runs smoothly and no problem......
    Lesson Learned: Never buy without a mechanic and never buy a car that is not running!!....

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    totoo yan. sa mga banks, it's usually "as is, where is" basis kaya always arm yourself with a good and trusted mechanic when buying a second hand car

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    I'll be posting an article (na sinulat ko) about buying repossessed vehicles which will be published tomorrow.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Tama ka sir Zen, I still believe it's okay to purchase cars from those repo banks, just bring a good mechanic with you. like you would, if you go to the Used car dealer lot..... I was the guy who made the mistake.....

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    How much was the new engine, Zurc? If it's under 100k, with install, it's a good buy.

Nice engine too. 2.3L, makes the Mazda 3 more exciting to drive.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi! sir renzo, I got the japanese surplus for P85k+8k for the local mechanic to install. Medyo nagastusan lang ako sa aircon installation cause nag fabricate pa sila ng mga tubing and connector kasi medyo nasa ilalim yung location ng compressor and other stuff *P10k.....My only consolation in all these is the Japanese L3 2.3L engine I believe is rated at 171 hp compared to the US spec L3 2.3L at only 155 hp.....I can feel the torque!!....ang lakas!....hehe. I googled the auto transmission and found out it's the same for the LS 2.0L engine.....

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^ ouch laki din pala ng nagastos mo, pero at least parang nag "upgrade" ka ng makina

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Wala eh....nag-fumble ako when I bought it........as the saying goes.......might as well take a shower!......nabasa ka na rin lang na ulan...hehe

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^ yep. just charge it to experience

buying bank repossessed cars