New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    bpi offers lower annual fees.

dealer insurance has less paperwork.

3rd party insurance presumably has the potential of being the best (if i get the right one) or the worst (if i get the wrong one).

which one should i get? and why?

(btw, i'm getting my car finance by bpi).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yun pala, does BPI allow you to get other insurance from other co? parang hinde yata pwede eh,

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    yun pala, does BPI allow you to get other insurance from other co? parang hinde yata pwede eh,

sometimes can be. Depends on the situation like if BPI MS ( company which handles insurance) has no presence in the place of the client then the BPI manager can go to other insurance company. This happened to me when I got my Honda City.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by willvill View Post
    sometimes can be. Depends on the situation like if BPI MS ( company which handles insurance) has no presence in the place of the client then the BPI manager can go to other insurance company. This happened to me when I got my Honda City.
    same here. my Sentra is financed through BPI, but ung insurance ko was taken cared of by dealer insurance. Why dealer insurance? I'm so not into bearing with hassles of paperwork. sa ken 3 days lang ata, tapos lahat, release yung car. very painless...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic View Post
    bpi offers lower annual fees.

dealer insurance has less paperwork.

3rd party insurance presumably has the potential of being the best (if i get the right one) or the worst (if i get the wrong one).

which one should i get? and why?

(btw, i'm getting my car finance by bpi).
    get Mapfre Insular. I think it comes lower than BPI with more accredited shops.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    mawalang galang na po, pwde ba sa BPI mag loan ng 2nd hand car? pwede ba ako yng pipili ng bibilhin? thanks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cjtjamandra View Post
    mawalang galang na po, pwde ba sa BPI mag loan ng 2nd hand car? pwede ba ako yng pipili ng bibilhin? thanks
    ang alam ko pwede, pero not older than 5 years, and they will only allow it to be paid for after the car reaches 5 years.

so lets say, if the model of the car is 4 years old, you can pay it only for a year. kung 5 year old car, within the year dapat mabayaran mo na ng buo.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    ang alam ko pwede, pero not older than 5 years, and they will only allow it to be paid for after the car reaches 5 years.

so lets say, if the model of the car is 4 years old, you can pay it only for a year. kung 5 year old car, within the year dapat mabayaran mo na ng buo.

ngek ganun? prang hindi rin pala loan yun kasi dapat mabayaran mo din agad. sa lahat ba ng bank ganun?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cjtjamandra View Post
    ngek ganun? prang hindi rin pala loan yun kasi dapat mabayaran mo din agad. sa lahat ba ng bank ganun?

parang ganun na nga.
    kasi 5 years ang depreciation ng oto, and the banks do not want to finance a depreciated asset.

bpi insurance vs dealer insurance vs 3rd party insurance