New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Our car hit a concrete barrier last Oct 1 that resulted to a dent and scratch about a meter long just below the door panel. We called our Hyundai sales agent (where we got our car last April) and asked what we need to do in claiming for the insurance. We submitted the requirements at the casa last Weds (Oct 10). They said, they will call us once the LOA from the insurance company arrives so we could bring the car back and they will start the repair. They quoted P25,500 for the repair.

My daughter called the casa this morning and asked if there was already a Letter of Approval from the insurance. The casa told my daughter...

"..no reply yet from the insurance BUT, you could bring the unit to us anytime tom so we could start the repair and it will only take 4 days and its done."

Question:
    1. Is this possible? Can the casa start the repair even without the LOA from the insurance?

2. What happens if, when the LOA arrives and shows that the approved amount is lesser than what the casa's quotation (less than P25,500)? Does this mean we can't pull-out the car once the repair is done because the quoted amt was not approved? (of course we will pay the participation fee of P2K).

As the owner of the unit, I know this is not my business if and when there will be a problem/variance bet the casa's quotation against the approved amt from the insurance company. I just want to know the consequences if this is the case. Have any of you experienced this where the casa started the repair without waiting for the LOA from the insurance company? Is it okay to bring the unit to them and have them start the repair without the LOA frm the insurance company?

Your inputs would be much appreciated.

TIA

I told my daughter not to bring the car to the casa yet ...will ask some car owners who had encountered the same situation.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Yes, it is possible for them to start working on your car without a letter of authority BUT they will not release the car until all things have been settled. From my own experience, it only takes 1 day to have an LOA and 3 days max. Then again, it differs with other insurance companies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    Yes, it is possible for them to start working on your car without a letter of authority BUT they will not release the car until all things have been settled. From my own experience, it only takes 1 day to have an LOA and 3 days max. Then again, it differs with other insurance companies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your immediate reply. So, what then will happen if we bring the car tom and they started to repair the car and say in the middle of the repair, here comes LOA ...lower from their quotation? (the insurance by the way is an "in-house"). Does this mean we cant get the car until the car dealer and the insurance company settles their problem?

Is it possible to make a letter address to the dealer stating something like "..we can pull-out the car if and when the approved amt is less than what was quoted by them..." and have them signed? Dont want to be in a situation where we cant use the car even it is already repaired simply because there is an unsettled issue bet the dealer and the insurance company when in fact, its not our business. Added to that, they (dealer) were the ones who advised us to bring the unit to them for repair even w/o the LOA.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RedAccent View Post
    Thanks for your immediate reply. So, what then will happen if we bring the car tom and they started to repair the car and say in the middle of the repair, here comes LOA ...lower from their quotation? (the insurance by the way is an "in-house"). Does this mean we cant get the car until the car dealer and the insurance company settles their problem?

Is it possible to make a letter address to the dealer stating something like "..we can pull-out the car if and when the approved amt is less than what was quoted by them..." and have them signed? Dont want to be in a situation where we cant use the car even it is already repaired simply because there is an unsettled issue bet the dealer and the insurance company when in fact, its not our business. Added to that, they (dealer) were the ones who advised us to bring the unit to them for repair even w/o the LOA.

...i think better wait for the LOA, or try to call the insurance company and follow up directly to the one in charge of claims, this will help...it is always safer to wait. ...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kung mababang claims at usually repair.. usually na a approve naman yan.. kaya pwede na simulan nang casa yung repair.. ang hindi lang ginagawa nang casa kung malalaking claims at may mahal na parts na involve.. kasi nga baka hindi ma approved..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Sir, unang una po ay kayo ang dapat mag file sa insurance company ng claim, 2 to 3 estimates po ang kailangan bago ma aprobahan, isa lang po ang dealer sa choices. Karaniwan po kapag ganyang kalaki ang damage ay sira na ang integrity ng metal kaya kailangan pong palitan na ang buong parts, eron naman pong nagagawan ng paraan kung salvagable pa ang metal. Kung may oras po kayo ay dalhin po ninyo dito sa aming shop sa 31 examiner st. sa west triangle para maliwanagan po kayo...si frank po ito.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Sorry for the late update. Rcvd a call from the casa last Weds (a wk after we filed the claims) and informed us that they already have the LOA from the insurance. We brought the car nxt day for repair. They also said, it will take 3-4days (starting Fri) for it to be ready. Hopefully, we could get the car this Tues or the latest is Weds.

Thank you all for your advises and help.