New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008

Now you know why I can't justify myself converting into LPG even if the feeling in the pump might be heaven. This is my ONE WEEK full tank for my Civic as part of my Friday full tank routine.... I just don't consume enough to convert...

On a side note, look at the VAT we pay for gas. P48 for 8 freaking liters of gas!!!!
    Last edited by tidus1203; June 6th, 2008 at 06:31 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ako, i am fully convinced to go for conversion, and i don't think it's fair to call this shift to lpg or bi-fuel a bandwagon. kase ang dating ng bandwagon sakin, parang naki-uso ka lng, or u mindlessly followed what is hot and in fad. i really beliive that lpg conversion isn't a band-aid solution to high gas prices, but would still be beneficial 10-15 years from now, unless people can come up with a very viable alternative.
    just my two cents..

so, why am is till running on gas? KASI WALA PANG CONVERSION INSTALLERS AT AUTO-LPG REFILLERS SA LUGAR NAMIN!!!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I haven't had that much knowledge on LPG usage on cars, but I've collected infos on that for some time now, I haven't finished my internet research also....

Some say LPG are hazardous to health, I don't know how true but this info came from a taxi driver who uses LPG for his taxi... He said his throat would dry up frequently while driving, thats why taxi drivers always have a drinking bottle with them coz they are always thirsty, and it is not only his experience but a lot of taxi drivers shares his sentiments.... I don't know about this but I', still finding answers to this.... (internet power), so far haven't got one yet...

But for some, it is really economical, though I'm having second thoughts on the GREEN thing, I'm starting to believe them, I just need more infos to weigh it and decide...

If I am to convert my car, I think it would be after my warranty period, coz I might not be able to avail my warranty if i install this thing to my car...

And to think that there is a chance that hybrid cars would emerge like mushrooms in the near future, if that would happen, for me, I think it would be worth the wait....

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    i had my ride converted to bi-fuel since gasoline's price is increasing at a very rapid rate, though LPG cost also increases but not as of that of the gasoline (3mos ago LPG: P26/L UNLDD: P50/L)...now LPG: P31/L UNLDD GAS: P60/L)- roughly twice as fast. LPG (used in cooking) is different from autoLPG when it comes to price increase by the way. though there are no LPG refilling stn outside the metro, i still can manage to drive back and forth (QC-batangas) for less than 1/2 tank of LPG. When gas was around P45, i travelled QC-batangas back and forth for P1200 amount of unleaded gas but just last week (when gas cost per liter was P58/L), i travelled the same route back and forth for P700 amount of LPG.

re: taxi drivers who got thirsty because of LPG

that's their fault for adjusting the kit all by themselves. they don't even know what they are adjusting. sometimes, they even forgot to close the cover of the gauges on the tank. go to the LPG thread by ghosthunter, you'll get a lot of info about LPG. and oh, may i ask, do you feel thirsty/ dizzy when you cook using LPG (shellane, petron gasul)?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ezem View Post
    re: taxi drivers who got thirsty because of LPG

that's their fault for adjusting the kit all by themselves. they don't even know what they are adjusting. sometimes, they even forgot to close the cover of the gauges on the tank. go to the LPG thread by ghosthunter, you'll get a lot of info about LPG. and oh, may i ask, do you feel thirsty/ dizzy when you cook using LPG (shellane, petron gasul)?

Hehehe..... good analogy... but that's what they say, haven't had a personal experience with this yet.. that's why I'm curious if how true are these accounts... well thanks, I'll check that thread...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    There's no way that LPG may leak inside your cabin, the filler valve and output valve on the tank has an enclosure and exhaust pipes leading outside the car. You can check out those pictures of paalorenzo on the LPG thread to see what I meant.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    been watching a lot of euro tv magazine shows and other documentaries in bbc lately. in these tv magazine shows, its clear why many Europeans are converting to either lpg or cng - its to reduce their carbon footprints (the environment is the primary reason).

here, its savings first, the reduction of harmful emission, far second.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ceddie1025 View Post
    And to think that there is a chance that hybrid cars would emerge like mushrooms in the near future, if that would happen, for me, I think it would be worth the wait....
    Yup, nandyan na Toyota Prius. I think ilalabas na rin yung hybrid ng Honda. Even in US, hybrid din ang trend. This is the most promising, cheapest and environmentally safe alternative fuel. IMHO, remedy lang yung LPG conversion kasi wala pang car manufacturer na nag-release ng model with allocated space/connection for LPG tank, you always have to re-locate or remove your spare tire which is not prudent if you are driving an MPV. Yung 7 or 8 seaters mo ay mababawasan ang seating capacity or you can't maximize the load capacity due to space constraint.

Sabi nga nila, if you can afford to buy a car then you can afford to buy gas. Yung iba nga dyan mas malaki pa ang gastos sa accessories and upgrade ng ride nila kesa sa conversion to LPG, just my 2 cents...

SHARING IS CARING.....

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    may fineature sa topgear (may link din dito sa tsikot) na naglaban ang prius and bmw m3, and the m3 won on fuel consumption... well... the condition was for the prius to run as fast as it could, and the m3 to just keep up, so unfair pa din somehow.

the final words hit the spot: it's not what you drive, it's how you drive.

IMO, everything will just increase, food, gasoline, taxes... so what we should focus on is how to increase our income and without upgrading our lifestyle too much (konti lang.. hehe) every now and then. kaya agree ako kay tidus sa mga post nya- nudge nudge, tips naman dyan sa trading secrets mo. ^_^

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by welscua View Post
    Yup, nandyan na Toyota Prius. I think ilalabas na rin yung hybrid ng Honda. Even in US, hybrid din ang trend. This is the most promising, cheapest and environmentally safe alternative fuel. IMHO, remedy lang yung LPG conversion kasi wala pang car manufacturer na nag-release ng model with allocated space/connection for LPG tank, you always have to re-locate or remove your spare tire which is not prudent if you are driving an MPV. Yung 7 or 8 seaters mo ay mababawasan ang seating capacity or you can't maximize the load capacity due to space constraint.
    I have posted this before but I think it responds to your statements above.

Hybrid vehicles currently costs twice more than standard vehicles and a hybrid's fuel consumption is just at level with current vehicle on the road. That is just assuming the fuel consumption figures given by the manufacturer.

A web-zine's (http://www.bigbigcar.com) comparison (during late 2007) of the operating cost of a Toyota Prius vs a Ford Focus turbo diesel showed it is just the same given both vehicles were driven through the same traffic conditions in Metro Manila.

A hybrid car gives the owner a false sense of saving money because it would take at least 8 to 10 years of operating the hybrid vehicle for it to recoup the vehicle's price premium against it's so-called fuel saving ability.

In a test by Fifth Gear (UK automotive TV show), they drove a Toyota Prius in a test track for ten laps. It was followed by an unmodified BMW M3 sedan with the instructions to the driver to simply keep pace with the Prius. At the end of the ten laps, the BMW M3 consumed LESS fuel than the Prius.

A hybrid car might make sense at first but when real world factors are included, the initial advantages of the hybrid vehicle suddenly gets smaller and smaller until it is just another expensive gadget filled vehicle on the road.

You might want to note that hybrid cars ARE envisioned to be a stopgap solution to the rising cost of fuel & lowering the emissions. Hybrids are not the solution. True electric cars with the performance and range to equal current production cars would be the final solution.

Sabi nga nila, if you can afford to buy a car then you can afford to buy gas.
    If someone bought his car ten years ago, that might be true but with the 500% increase in the price of fuel over the last five years (especially considering the current rapid price increase), you might get a fist in the face telling that to someone now.

Yung iba nga dyan mas malaki pa ang gastos sa accessories and upgrade ng ride nila kesa sa conversion to LPG, just my 2 cents...
    LPG conversion would at least give you a choice to a cheaper fuel. Can you suggest anything better?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Why have you not joined the LPG bandwagon?