New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Want to have extra power and lower emissions? Buy the cheapest, lightest car you can find, and put a mild-boost turbo on it.

A low-boost turbo beefs up the midrange, making the engine more efficient during acceleration. Then, let off the pedal, stay out of boost during cruising, and fuel economy will be the same as stock or better.

Imagine... a 25 km/l Chevy Spark or Kia Picanto that can hit 100 km/h in the same time a 1.6 liter car takes.

-

But my utmost concern as a motorist is saving money. And that means buying the smallest, most fuel efficient, most cost efficient car within my budget.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    either fc or power, depends on gas prices

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I care about saving fuel most of the time. My lead foot does the contrary though. Much as possible, I want lightweight so I wont need bigger engine to power on my car to squeeze a lot of performance, saves fuel too. Emissions like most of you, is the least of my concerns. But in somehow being taken cared of by my faithful PMS, but that was primarily to maintain my car well.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I agree that emissions is the least of my concers especially if we have a relatively newish car with stock specs.. Let me just share this article from insideline..

Emissions test car vs truck vs leaf blower (yes.. a frikin LEAF BLOWER haha!)

Emissions Test: Car vs. Truck vs. Leaf Blower

I won't spoil the results but it jus goes to show how far we've gone in terms of emissions control.

And oh yes, the truck they used is an F150 SVT Raptor.......

As for power vs efficiency I want a balance... That's why I ended up with a 1.6L car. Fuel efficiency is there (but certainly won't compete with 1.3 and some 1.5 cars) but when my right foot gets the itch I'm satisfied with the power.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    for me FC and emissions...

power?? just enough to accelerate me to 60 ok na

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

1. Reliability and Safety
    2. Aircon (may be included in reliability - mahirap mag drive ng walang aircon- sobrang init at alikabok)
    3. Power
    4. Fuel Consumption

15.9K:apple:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me....

FC is the primary concern... since hindi naman ako performance driver....

the rest, secondary na lang, since performance does not equate to good FC.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123