New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    since they're selling diesel cars here it is in their best interest the public view gasoline negatively

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Doing a bit of research, I discovered that the manganese they're talking about is actually a chemical compound called Methylcyclopentadienyl Manganese Tricarbonyl or simply MMT.

Source: http://www.theicct.org/sites/default.../MMT_dec08.pdf

Whatever your take is about the topic is up to you. But I tend to agree that the whole ordeal about the VW thing reeks of conspiracy. It's just too convenient to bring this up just now. But still, it's their business NOT to do business, so let them be.
    They can enforce a Hyundai-esque warranty perhaps.

Fuel up with a special VW additive every 1 week or 500kms or your warranty would be void.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    They can enforce a Hyundai-esque warranty perhaps.

Fuel up with a special VW additive every 1 week or 500kms or your warranty would be void.
    Sounds like BMW's exhaust emissions urea spray ...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i guess this is true.

i used to have my carby lancer gassed up at a cheap petrol station. after several kms of usage, nagkakaroon ng purple color sa carburator. parati kong kina-carb cleaner. i switched to another small player nawala yung purple color at "dieseling".

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    iba kase engine ng VW (german) sa japanese engines... VW uses high presure direct injection gasoline

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Just heard this in the news...

The PMA (Philippine Medical Association) will file a class suit against te PHL government for failing to regulate the use of Manganese in fuel. Obviously, they're doing this not because it's bad for the engine, but because it's a major air pollutant which may have possibly caused more than 500,000 deaths last (or from?) 2008. The news didnt mention, though, which of the oil compnies still use Manganese.

Personally, i think there is some truth in what VW said. But whether it's a business move or simply a matter of fact, my guess is as good as yours.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    If all the vehicles they sell are diesel fed then the ASBU will have more vehicles to victimise.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Who won the Beetle? ........
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; October 1st, 2013 at 04:21 AM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Ang TOTAL and SHELL gasoline are technically of European origin. Ang aminin ng VW hindi cost competitive ang gas models nila sa existing gasoline brands dito sa Pilipinas. periodddd!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123