New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    what will happen kaya? siguro naman tatakbo rin kasi its gasoline pa din. i think its cheaper by more or less P3.00 per liter. kaya lang parang konti nalang ang station na nagoofer nun. or i-mix kaya natin 50/50 sa unleaded or premium gasoline...naisip ko lang hehe. what do you think guys?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The only gas sold in the Philippines are unleaded, leaded gas has been prohibited for some years now. All the gas just have different octane ratings and are basically the same regardless of brand because all the brands have a low, mid, and high octane unleaded gas.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    modern cars will run on a lower octane than the manufacturer recommends. it will just run rougher and make less power as the engine management system adjusts to the worse fuel to avoid blowing up. i'm told that engine longevity will suffer, so it's up to you whether you want to save a few pesos now and risk a 100k engine rebuild in the future.

ironically, fuel economy will also suffer so you might not save much money anyway

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    That's the wrong way of minimizing costs, because your car won't run right if it's not designed to use lower grade fuel, will consume more, won't have substantial power (better power means less of it is used to accelerate, so you have better fuel economy) and possibly damage the engine in the long run.

Stick to what it should use, have it tuned properly, and change driving habits.

Diesel owners will probably say it's not practically feasible too

What if regular gasoline gamitin natin?