New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    How fast can a Picanto do on the open highway? I keep on wondering how much punishment the engines of these small cars (Picanto, Wigo, Mirage, Celerio) can take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    tried 0-140 kph from bicutan exit to sucat exit. sa sctex sustained 140kph (sa gabi lang) from baguio. stable din sa high speed yung picanto maybe due to its low profile and wider tires plus stiffer suspension.

used my picanto going up to baguio from las pinas. total consumption ko is half tank which is about 13 liters.

nag compute ulit ako ng FC full tank to full tank.. nasa 14km / liter using blaze..

talagang sa XCS lang sablay.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks for the tip. Might try clean fuel. May madadaanan ako sa aguinaldo highway may boundary ng dasma at silang. Check ko muna price difference. 😊

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    tried 0-140 kph from bicutan exit to sucat exit. sa sctex sustained 140kph (sa gabi lang) from baguio. stable din sa high speed yung picanto maybe due to its low profile and wider tires plus stiffer suspension.

used my picanto going up to baguio from las pinas. total consumption ko is half tank which is about 13 liters.

nag compute ulit ako ng FC full tank to full tank.. nasa 14km / liter using blaze..

hey picanto bashers!
    living proof!
    eat his dust!
    heh heh.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i used to fill up exlusively with caltex diesel. when unioil's euro4 came i switched to unioil. especially when the s&r discount came i filled up only with it. but i had over the past year observed my fuel mileage slowly going down. when i last filled up with unioil my city driving was down to only 5.3 km/l. this used to be 8+ km/l when the vehicle was new (albeight with smaller tyres). i was justifying this low fc to the worsening traffic everyday.

by chance i had to fill up and i happen to pass by a caltex station. not wanting a full tank (and still stubornly lookig for a unioil station) i only filled up p1k worth of diesel. as is my habit i reset the trip computer to zero. susrprise, the fc went up to 5.6 km/l. so after a few days, curious if it was just a mistake of some sort, i filled up again to full tank. this to further dilute the 1/4 tank of unioil diesel that was remaining when i filled last. i reset again the trip computer. fc was up to 6.2 km/l. this already more than doubly erase the P2 discount given by unioil!

am going back exclusively to caltex. presently overseas now but have asked the c.i.c. to follow through. hopefully it will come near my "new car" fc but i'd be happy even with a 7.
    Last edited by yebo; March 30th, 2018 at 08:33 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post

talagang sa XCS lang sablay.
    That's great! 140 kmh from that small package! How many people on board?

14 km/L for highway driving? That's a bit high FC for a small engine.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    i used to fill up exlusively with caltex diesel. when unioil's euro4 came i switched to unioil. especially when the s&r discount came i filled up only with it. but i had over the past year observed my fuel mileage slowly going down. when i last filled up with unioil my city driving was down to only 5.3 km/l. this used to be 8+ km/l when the vehicle was new (albeight with smaller tyres). i was justifying this low fc to the worsening traffic everyday.

by chance i had to fill up and i happen to pass by a caltex station. not wanting a full tank (and still stubornly lookig for a unioil station) i only filled up p1k worth of diesel. as is my habit i reset the trip computer to zero. susrprise, the fc went up to 5.6 km/l. so after a few days, curious if it was just a mistake of some sort, i filled up again to full tank. this to further dilute the 1/4 tank of unioil diesel that was remaining when i filled last. i reset again the trip computer. fc was up to 6.2 km/l. this already more than doubly erase the P2 discount given by unioil!

am going back exclusively to caltex. presently overseas now but have asked the c.i.c. to follow through. hopefully it will come near my "new car" fc but i'd be happy even with a 7.
    techron cleaning effect?
    after a few tanksful of caltex, go back to unioil and see its figures.
    maybe you can get away with one caltex every several unioils?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    techron cleaning effect?
    after a few tanksful of caltex, go back to unioil and see its figures.
    maybe you can get away with one caltex every several unioils?
    i was thinking of the techron, too.

maybe i'll just stick with caltex. the P2 s&r discount now us just 5% of the price of diesel, the 0.9km/l i just gained is already +16%.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    I've been using Shell V-Power Gasoline 95 RON and have been getting good results in fuel economy and engine response.

I'm curious with the Euro5 fuel from UniOil as there is a station on the way to work. I might try it out sometime.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    That's great! 140 kmh from that small package! How many people on board?

14 km/L for highway driving? That's a bit high FC for a small engine.
    the computed 14km/L is city driving. Las Pinas - Alabang - Pasay - Las Pinas (via coastal road and alabang-zapote road)

las pinas to baguio is around 270 kms / 13 liters FC is around 20km/li with 4 pax on board.. mas matipid talaga sya pag highway driving at high speed.. pero yung stop go tsaka matagal na idling ang malakas sa consumo

10. Join Date
    May 2017
    Was a regular Shell VPower user myself... switched to Caltex Platinum this year as I felt it is less sluggish compared to Shell. The revs are more immediate and the FC has also improved.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCycle View Post
    I've been using Shell V-Power Gasoline 95 RON and have been getting good results in fuel economy and engine response.

I'm curious with the Euro5 fuel from UniOil as there is a station on the way to work. I might try it out sometime.

what gasoline do you use.