New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    literary style.
    everyone has one, even as he/she is not aware.
    take yourself, sir.
    hehe has appeared in a number of your posts.
    Oo nga no sir hehe. Okay good to know what gasoline do you use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Seriously? I never redlined in my entire life. I'm scared I will blow up the engine. LOL.

I regularly traverse the skyway (at least once a month). My problem is I can't go beyond 140 anymore. Because when I do, I have difficulty controlling the steering wheel
    Once a month on Skyway is enough.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Seriously? I never redlined in my entire life. I'm scared I will blow up the engine. LOL.

I regularly traverse the skyway (at least once a month). My problem is I can't go beyond 140 anymore. Because when I do, I have difficulty controlling the steering wheel
    I didn't say to redline your engine, just hit 6000 rpm or below the redline if your redline is 6000 rpm. It will not blow up your Corolla's engine. The car's ECU is smart enough to force a fuel cutoff once you hit the redline so it will not rev much higher.

No need to go that fast, keep it cruising at a higher rev range than normal. Maybe cruising at 120 kmh for an extended period will do. Bring the car to NLEX or SCTEX once in a while. I suggest you traverse the Subic-bound part of SCTEX. The Clark-Floridablanca stretch is long enough to satisfy one's urge to floor the pedal and hit some really unlawful speeds.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Your engine wont blow up. Its designed to hit the red line (they have a safety margin built in).

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    how about doing sudden hard accelerations? can they considered as an alernative to doing italian tune-ups? todo labas din kasi usok eh

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    how about doing sudden hard accelerations? can they considered as an alernative to doing italian tune-ups? todo labas din kasi usok eh
    Nope, that's too short a time even if you hit 6k rpm on a rapid acceleration. Mausok? Diesel ba vehicle mo? If gas, maybe your engine is burning oil or your intakes/injectors dirty.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ diesel nga itong tinutukoy ko

medyo may pagka garage queens kasi mga sasakyan namin. so i accelerate hard whenever i find myself driving out of toll booths

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ diesel nga itong tinutukoy ko

medyo may pagka garage queens kasi mga sasakyan namin. so i accelerate hard whenever i find myself driving out of toll booths
    Kung nasa highway (SLEX/NLEX) ka naman almost weekly, oks na yun since you cruise at a faster speed than being stuck in traffic.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006

You can redline your car even without going past triple digit speeds. Whats important is the revs, not the speed - so just hold the gear (for your CVT Altis use the manual mode) and keep it in high rpms for a few kilometers to burn off carbon deposits.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    I just want to share about the Premium Unleaded 95RON of Clean Fuel.

I'm still using a 2008 Toyota Avanza J with 90K+ kms already. I use to fill up with Shell V-Power Nitro, Caltex Platinum, Unioil Premium 95 and even PTT Blue 95. I decided to try the Clean Fuel since it's relatively cheaper (around 2/liter). I frequently travel from Manila to Pampanga so the NLEX is a common road for me averaging 90 to 100kph during my trips.

So far, the Premium Unleaded 95RON of Clean Fuel is IMHO, at par with Caltex Platinum and Shell V-Power Nitro but slightly better than PTT Blue 95 and way better than Uniloil Premium 95.

Nothing more to say.

what gasoline do you use.