New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lodi View Post
    while still undecided....
    how about lpg conversion for your camry..
    and some body lift...
    I want to be sure. and thanks for the advice but i don't think bodylifting my camry would be in my option

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    Papatag mo nalang yun kalye sa factory ninyo :D
    nako. gnaun parin gas consumption. hehehehe

thanks sa compliment.. text niyo ko next time pag get together

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Jimny is really small, I was able to drive one and I was shoulder to shoulder with the guy in the passenger seat. Shifting to the higher gears would require saying "excuse me" because you'll be brushing your hand against the passenger's leg. While that is nice if your passenger is a cute & ***y girl, it might be another thing if your passenger is a guy with very hairy legs and wearing shorts at the time.

And I feel the Jimny is to basic. It's not a bad thing but when compared to the likes of a Camry or Xtrail or similar class, it's a far comparison.

how abot the matic? i think the difference of gas mileage wouldnt be too far.
    and also i dont mind sacrificing the basicness of the car for it will be used everyday for practicality. hehe

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    so, if i read this right, you are getting a new car whose only purpose is getting fuel economy?

if so, isn't it:
    late model Fortuner = P1M+
    LPG conversion kit = Php ??

total incremental expense is P1 million plus. even if LPG is half the cost of gas, and your total fuel bill is cut in half, you might need a thousand fill-ups (magkano ba typical full tank?) just to recoup the price of the new car.

even if you buy a P400k used pickup you probably will still have to fill up hundreds of times to break even.

now, if you are replacing the Camry anyway, then that's a different story. if your only reason for buying a new car is fuel economy, then might as well just learn to drive more efficiently.
    actually it had been my option because im looking a few years ahead from now but then im also contemplating for a 2nd car that would be fore everyday and diesel or would be a more fuel efficient.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Given there is no relief yet in sight for the high cost of fuel, the current solution is to go gasoline powered car and then convert it to run on LPG.

Diesel might be a more efficient system but diesel is threatening to overtake the price of gasoline in a few weeks. Wait and see for the effects of that.

Anyway, the Jimny is quite fuel efficient with it's 1.3L 80hp engine. Acceleration is not that quick but it should get you to your destination with little drama and only slightly late for your appointments. C magazine FC figures for the Jimny is around 10km/L city. I guess it's not bad for a Tonka toy for adults.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Bakit di na lang yung camry ang ipa LPG ninyo? Madami na ngayong luxury car na nagpapa LPG! Beats buying a whole new car.Yung lubak naman puwedeng tapalan ng graba ... o kaya ipa body lift ng konti yung camry?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have two suggestions.
    First is buy a Common Rail Direct Injection 2nd hand or new its much effecient, silent, powerful and responsive. Opt for bosch fuel system like those in the hyundais and kias. Santa Fes and Sorrentos have good engines and reliable fuel systems.

Second is buy a cheaper gas SUV with a reliable engine, computerize and powerful engine then convert it to LPG. At 300-400 thousand an Isuzu Trooper v6 3.2 is my candidate, havent tried nor seen one but i would like to.

If you (and anyone from tsikot and elsewhere)want to know about diesel engines and fuel systems then I am inviting you to Central Diesel along 1176 Quezon ave beside Capitol medical front of Hearbeat Disco. You can call 4113711 to 13 and look for Ramon or Jake.

Goodluck on your project and keep us posted.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Considerations :
    bang for the buck (most reasonably priced), pogi points, diesel fed, multi purpose use, high clearance, ruggedness of construction - would suggest the 4 x 2 Ford Everest....

I suggest you sell the Camry, and buy a brand new pickup or SUV. Strada/Navarra/Dmax are all good options. Or get the SantaFe/Sorento for luxury and ruggedness.

Kung 2nd hand, I recommend you get a CUV/AUV which is gas, and has a rear-mounted spare tire (e.g. CRV gen1/2, Adventure Grand Sport). That way, you can convert to LPG with a donut tank, and still have a spare tire with you at all times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
what do you think would be the most fuel saving in the long run?