New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi guys,

Shell seems to be changing their station signs into more modern looking plain white ones with red LED displays all over showing the prices of each fuel type. Sorry, I have to take pics pa lang to display...

Anyway, personally I don't like it. Since they arent color coded anymore, and the labels on the fuel types are so small, its hard for me to see which price corresponds to Unleaded, Premium, and diesel

I like the old ones which were much easier to read

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    Hi guys,

Shell seems to be changing their station signs into more modern looking plain white ones with red LED displays all over showing the prices of each fuel type. Sorry, I have to take pics pa lang to display...

Anyway, personally I don't like it. Since they arent color coded anymore, and the labels on the fuel types are so small, its hard for me to see which price corresponds to Unleaded, Premium, and diesel

I like the old ones which were much easier to read
    Although I do see your point of the lettering being harder to see from a farther distance, I do like the current signs. Its also the same design (or close to) the ones that are used in the USA, or thats how I remember it.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i am using shell for 4 years now and it seems my engine performance is okey, siguro sumasabay lang sila sa Petron at Caltex.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Although I do see your point of the lettering being harder to see from a farther distance, I do like the current signs. Its also the same design (or close to) the ones that are used in the USA, or thats how I remember it.
    Yes, its a standardization thing to make each Shell station have the same image throughout the World. Its a standardization thing, not necessarily an improvement thing.

Mcdonald's recently did that too...but in the case of Mcdo, gumanda talaga restos nila.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    I think they're pretty neat.

The shape of things to come

What do you think of the new Shell Station Signs?