New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You are suggesting SUVs to save money on fuel? Nice joke Oldblue.

Even diesel SUVs are feeling the cost of fuel since its around P40/L these days with no sign that it will go down soon. The current best option is to go LPG either with the current vehicle or a smaller used car.
    although, medyo kaka-tempt magpa LPG bec. of almost P20 difference sa gasoline, di pa din ako magpapa-convert. my average refill is at 45 Liters (45 x20 = P900).

since I only refill at more than 2 months, kahit sa per month refilling, uubos lang ako ng additional 10,800 per year compared to LPG user. nasa 40k+ pa-convert tapos baka kung anu-ano pa maging sakit ng sasakyan ko as side effects.

saka baka mahirap benta ito sa used car market if they realize na converted to LPG. i'll just cut down on my other personal expenses than this.

=====

oks yun ghost 2 CRDi SUV's. yan ang panglaban ngaun. I average 8km/liter at Santa Fe. if Tucson/Sportage CRDi, I can average 11km/liter siguro. tapos diba pa ako mag-worry sa mga pang-ilalim na puwede masira. I used to drive an Honda Civic ESi sedan noon, 3 years lang dami na kumakalampag sa ilalim. kaya never ako babalik sa sedan as much as possible

tingin ko nga mas pinaka-worth ngaun yun tig 900K na Ford Escape na 4x2.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ringostarr View Post
    although, medyo kaka-tempt magpa LPG bec. of almost P20 difference sa gasoline, di pa din ako magpapa-convert. my average refill is at 45 Liters (45 x20 = P900).
    probably the reason why your fuel consumption is so low is you have been trying to save fuel by commuting more.

since I only refill at more than 2 months, kahit sa per month refilling, uubos lang ako ng additional 10,800 per year compared to LPG user. nasa 40k+ pa-convert tapos baka kung anu-ano pa maging sakit ng sasakyan ko as side effects.
    If there was any toxic effects of LPG, all of us would be suffering the effects of it already since the fuel for our cooking gas is the same LPG used for fuel for auto-LPG.

The only toxic effects of LPG resides in the minds of people who lack proper information to dispell misinformation.

saka baka mahirap benta ito sa used car market if they realize na converted to LPG. i'll just cut down on my other personal expenses than this.
    How would you know if it's harder so sell? Do you have any hard data to prove this as fact or just your unsupported opinion, oldblue? Is it just like your claim that you personally was responsible for lowering the SRP of LCD & plasma TVs?

oks yun ghost 2 CRDi SUV's. yan ang panglaban ngaun. I average 8km/liter at Santa Fe. if Tucson/Sportage CRDi, I can average 11km/liter siguro. tapos diba pa ako mag-worry sa mga pang-ilalim na puwede masira. I used to drive an Honda Civic ESi sedan noon, 3 years lang dami na kumakalampag sa ilalim. kaya never ako babalik sa sedan as much as possible
    If that is your solution to saving money in the face more expensive fuel, what would be your ROI to recovery of your initial investment then? Or is this just a reflection of your inner self's frustration on buying a new SUV to replace your aging CRV?

Funny itong thread na 'to. Ang solusyon sa nagmamahal na gasolina ay bumili ng (hindi isa, pero) dalawang CRDI SUVs!!!

Teka, check ko kung abot pera ko sa wallet ko for 2 CRDI SUVs... Makapunta na nga sa Hyundai dealership...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by paolorenzo View Post
    Funny itong thread na 'to. Ang solusyon sa nagmamahal na gasolina ay bumili ng (hindi isa, pero) dalawang CRDI SUVs!!!

Teka, check ko kung abot pera ko sa wallet ko for 2 CRDI SUVs... Makapunta na nga sa Hyundai dealership...
    baka magkita kayo ni "ringostarr" aka "oldblue" diyan sa Hyundai dealership.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Sana kung tumataas ang bilihin dapat itaas din ang sweldo ng mga nagtatrabaho para naman makasabay, ang problema naman kasi taas sila ng taas pero yung salary income naman di nagbabago. paano na tayo nyan? pero sa tingin ko matibay pa din ang pinoy, madami pa din nagdadala ng sasakyan kasi kung mag-commute ka ganon din naman. atleast kung sariling sasakyan mas safe ka at hawak mo ang oras mo.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Actually meron,... they are called GOLF CARTS.
    My neighbor actually does that. Pero for short distances only hehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrikez View Post
    Sana kung tumataas ang bilihin dapat itaas din ang sweldo ng mga nagtatrabaho para naman makasabay, ang problema naman kasi taas sila ng taas pero yung salary income naman di nagbabago. paano na tayo nyan? pero sa tingin ko matibay pa din ang pinoy, madami pa din nagdadala ng sasakyan kasi kung mag-commute ka ganon din naman. atleast kung sariling sasakyan mas safe ka at hawak mo ang oras mo.

posted this at the other thread, and i am posting it here again...

taas presyo ng fuel which will result in higher cost of basic consumables, higher cost in electricity, higher fare BUT:

its quite risky for the part of business owners and employers to increase salaries. why? because of the rising cost of commodities, consumer power will be decreased resulting in less sales from businesses. business owners will have to shoulder the cost of salary increase as well as other benefits (like SSS employer's contribution, 13th month) from their own pockets. the risk here is that UP TO WHEN CAN THESE EMPLOYERS SHOULDER THESE COSTS? This will eventually lead to loss of jobs and eventually closure of business, which, will also lead to loss of government collection and revenues from business taxes and inflation.

i don't know if this scenario is feasible wherein to counter these, government should immediately implement lower income tax bracket mechanism for the workers, even though government may experience a decrease in collection revenues. that way:

a) businesses can still operate, even though sales could be minimal. at least, they are still operating and will not cause to lose jobs;
    b) workers can enjoy higher take home pay to counter the increase of consumer goods.
    c) suspend or decrease VAT rate in some products and services (like lower VAT on fuel and electricity and some basic commodities like canned goods, etc. and increase VAT rate on sin products like cigarettes, wine, beer, softdrinks, internet connectivity, etc. that way, balanced yung collection ng VAT where yung basic needs are lowered and the luxuries are increased. para di rin maapektuhan yung VAT collection revenue.

these solutions can be temporary and can be re-aligned back to pre-crisis levels (the tax brackets as well as VAT rates).

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Tama. Raising wages is not the answer that will just cause an inflationary spiral. Lowering the price is the answer....

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    There's no such thing as temporary solutions here kasi constantly increasing ang costs ng fuel which I consider one of the root causes (not to mention globalization, corruption, etc.) of all our woes. Decreasing tax means lowering of government revenues which is tantamount to decreasing food subsidies, medical services, education, cutting jobs, etc. As if wala ng solution kasi dapat noon pa na-anticipate na lahat ng ito e. For example: it's too late mag-source ng alternate fuel source; na-convert na ang rice fields natin into residential areas; globalization has set in; ineffective population control; etc.

Magdagdag na lang ng higpit ng sinturon but until when? When people are losing jobs, when income can barely buy basic commodities...

Mag-OFW na lang siguro and get employed sa oil industries abroad or whatever job na puede, kaya helpless din tayo sa exploitation ng mga kababayan natin e....

With all of this, magbawas na tayo ng bisyo at luho, stop taking advantage of people (esp. politicians & those in power), let's pray together and work hard to survive.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vanqrvr View Post
    P50.28/L na ngayon yung unleaded... kahit OFW apiktado pa rin ang baba na kaya ng palitan tapos mahal ang bilihin....
    So how are you doing with your hydrobooster / HHO project? Any progress? :drunk:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Unleaded gasoline now at P49.09/Liter