New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Is it true that all gasoline (Premium, Super Premium, Silver, Gold, V-Power, etc) sold in Petron, Shell and Caltex are unleaded? If so, why would Petron and Shell indicate Unleaded Gas, when their other gas products are also unleaded, although with different RON? Apparently, their names are misleading, right? If there are still gas that are leaded, what are examples of these kind, para ma-iwasan ko, since my manual says that I should use only unleaded gas. Thanks in advance...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    Is it true that all gasoline (Premium, Super Premium, Silver, Gold, V-Power, etc) sold in Petron, Shell and Caltex are unleaded? If so, why would Petron and Shell indicate Unleaded Gas, when their other gas products are also unleaded, although with different RON? Apparently, their names are misleading, right? If there are still gas that are leaded, what are examples of these kind, para ma-iwasan ko, since my manual says that I should use only unleaded gas. Thanks in advance...

mas mataas kasi octane rating ng ibang gas ( like V-Power ). pero tama. unleaded nga sya. sa shell yung premium nila leaded pa po iyon.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTer View Post
    mas mataas kasi octane rating ng ibang gas ( like V-Power ). pero tama. unleaded nga sya. sa shell yung premium nila leaded pa po iyon.
    Thanks. What are the advantages if I will have higher octane rating gas like V-Power? Will its cost compensate sa advantages nya?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks. What are the advantages if I will have higher octane rating gas like V-Power? Will its cost compensate sa advantages nya?
    sa city driving (trapik) hindi. sayang lang. pero sa highway ramdam mo tipid sir. konting tapak lang sa gas ramdam mo na di hirap makina. since di hirap makina, nakakatipid ka.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I think selling and using leaded gas have already been prohibited due to Clean Air Act.

Just use the minimum RON recommended for your car unless you wish to burn more money too.

:car: [SIZE="1"]4002[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    I think selling and using leaded gas have already been prohibited due to Clean Air Act.

Just use the minimum RON recommended for your car unless you wish to burn more money too.

:car: [SIZE="1"]4002[/SIZE]
    I'm just curious, why would gas stations like Petron and Caltex name some of their fuel "unleaded" if their other fuel they are selling is also unleaded. In other words, the label is practically misleading, right? This is just my opinion. Thanks for your replies...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'm just curious, why would gas stations like Petron and Caltex name some of their fuel "unleaded" if their other fuel they are selling is also unleaded. In other words, the label is practically misleading, right? This is just my opinion. Thanks for your replies...
    I don't think it's misleading since I believe all gasoline being sold here are all unleaded. It's a matter of branding to distinguish the source and grade/RON. Unleaded is the generic name. Just familiarize with the brand names.

93 RON
    Petron Xtra Unleaded
    Caltex Silver
    Shell Super Unleaded
    (take note Caltex doesn't mention unleaded)

95 RON
    Petron XCS
    Caltex Gold
    Shell Super Premium

96 RON
    Petron Blaze
    Shell V-Power

DIESEL
    Shell Diesoline Ultra
    Petron Diesel Max
    Caltex Power Diesel

:yawn: [SIZE="1"]4013[/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    I don't think it's misleading since I believe all gasoline being sold here are all unleaded. It's a matter of branding to distinguish the source and grade/RON. Unleaded is the generic name. Just familiarize with the brand names.

93 RON
    Petron Xtra Unleaded
    Caltex Silver
    Shell Super Unleaded
    (take note Caltex doesn't mention unleaded)

95 RON
    Petron XCS
    Caltex Gold
    Shell Super Premium

96 RON
    Petron Blaze
    Shell V-Power

DIESEL
    Shell Diesoline Ultra
    Petron Diesel Max
    Caltex Power Diesel

:yawn: [SIZE="1"]4013[/SIZE]
    Thanks this info is very helpful. Does this mean that the 3 big gasoline stations (Shell, Petron and Caltex) are no longer selling leaded gasoline? By the way, since my manual recommends a 91 RON unleaded gasoline, this means the various 93 RON gas sold by Petron, Shall and Caltex are more than just enough. Is that so?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Thanks this info is very helpful. Does this mean that the 3 big gasoline stations (Shell, Petron and Caltex) are no longer selling leaded gasoline? By the way, since my manual recommends a 91 RON unleaded gasoline, this means the various 93 RON gas sold by Petron, Shall and Caltex are more than just enough. Is that so?
    I think the manual recommends a not less than 91 RON. So you can use any RON 91 and up. I don't think there's available 91 RON here. So better use the 93 RON. Using the 95 or 96 RON is burning additional peso or two per liter.

:car: [SIZE="1"]4014[/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    All gasoline being sold today are all unleaded. Lead being used before offer better combustion but comes with a health hazard. Long-term exposure will lead to neurological deficits esp. in children.

What the manufacturers do is to put in additives to make more efficient burning of the fuel. This makes up the varieties we had at the pumps.

Personally experienced ko lang, I found out that 93 RON unleaded madaling maubos so I shift to the higher 95 RON (Petron XCS, Caltex Gold). Recently, when my dad used the other car of similar make, and put in V-power matipid daw but it was basically on long highway driving.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Unleaded Fuel???